Saturday, April 29, 2023

Cheers for Recycling, Reusing and Repurposing

 Hi everyone. Happy weekend. 

It's the last weekend of the month and almost May 1. It's time for me to share my last page for Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's  Recycle, Reuse and Repurpose challenge over at Art Journal Journey

I'm so glad you picked this topic Elizabeth because I really enjoyed it. This topic allowed me to look at various materials differently. Plus, I've always loved to get the most out of my supplies, especially paper scraps, and I certainly did that. I did some cleaning up too, going through magazines to get images as well as keeping my work table pile from getting too messy. (At least for the moment-smile. And my art room is definitely not very neat right now though.)

Thank you  also for hosting Elizabeth ( and of course Bleubeard too).  Also thank you to everyone who made some inspiring recycled, repurposed or reused item art. 

My spread today is all about lifting glasses to toast this month's theme.

This spread is in my junk journal. I used paper scraps and magazine cut outs. I also punched out some circles from an old book and used bits of a page from an old word search book. I pulled everything together with some washi tape. The red heart was laying on my work table from February, and I used a red paint pen to make all the dots in the background. I did add a few details to the toasting magazine  couple with both a black and white pen.

And while I was recycling, I made another tag using some from recycled scraps.  I wanted to link it up to Pinky's challenge at Tag Tuesday. Pinky's theme is Anything Goes.


Everything on this tag is recycled off my work table except for the Chinese words (I'm not exactly sure what they say) and the waterlily. These were all die cut. And I still need to punch a hole in it too.

I hope everyone has a great end of the month and weekend also. This is the second weekend in a row my daughter will be home for a day, and she has her mind set on going shopping, so you can guess what I will be doing tomorrow when she's here. Smile.

Enjoy your weekend!

19 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I'll join you with great pleasure in drinking a toast to recycling, reducing and reusing. Now if we could only add a fourth 'r' - resisting, that would be perfect. Hugs - David

Angie's Recipes said...

I really love the first page...so colourful and inspiring. Have a fantastic shopping day with your daughter, Erika.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning-awesome art
Hugs Kathy

Tom said...

...things should have more than one life!

*Vicki* said...

Really amazing art! I love the elements for your pages!

Christine said...

Lovely recycling!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fantastic art.

Valerie-Jael said...

Yes, let's drink a toast indeed, we need to save the world from going under. Love your journal page, you used some great images, and I LOVE the tag you made for Pinky's challenge, thanks so much for your support! Going shopping sounds good, have fun with your daughter. Take care, hugs, Valerie

Jeanie said...

Have fun with your sweet girl! I know that'll be a treat for you both!

CJ Kennedy said...

You deserve a toast for reusing your art supplies in new ways. Cheers!

Divers and Sundry said...

"Enjoy Life"! A good reminder. I hope y'all enjoy your shopping trip :)

Iris Flavia said...

And just yesterday we had a glass of Prossecco (OK, two, as it was a "big" bottle) because Ingo booked seats side by side for the flights to and fro Perth! I bought the bottle last year! With that: Cheers, I love your pages.
Oh Chinese... I´m sure I could go grocery shopping and ask. We have so many Chinese students here! :-)
Hugs and happy Sunday

pinky said...

I love your projects today Erika. So colourful and very inspirational. Isn't it great to use up scraps from our desks. I am using my tags as dividers in my journal which is keeping me very organised. I absolutely love your tag. Thanks so much for joining my challenge again at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky

NatureFootstep said...

cheers! May is comming!

Let's Art Journal said...

Great journal pages and that tag is gorgeous! Sounds like you've had a wonderful time recycling, reusing and repurposing for your pages this month, glad you had fun 😊. Happy and creative weekend wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Enjoy your shopping trip with daughter and I very much like this journal page. It all goes together so well, you made some magic happen! I'm finishing one more spread for April! XOX

Caty said...

This spread page is so Gorgeous Erika! I really like how you have been combining the children and the colours, and how you have recycled all the elements. It's fabulous. I love your tag too!
Very happy Monday, and beginning of May,
Big hugs, Caty

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a lovely journal page and a very nice tag too.

Enjoy shopping with your daughter.

All the best Jan

PS Wishing you a happy new month of May

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was going through the links before I closed out AJJ, and found I had not seen this post. What a fun entry you gave us in your junk journal. I especially like your background. I like how the black and white are intermixed and the various pieces you used went together so well. Thanks for this great entry you made for Bleubeard's and my theme at AJJ.

Gotta LOVE that tag. Lots of various Chinese and oriental things you added to the tag. Really adorable.