Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Hello Spring

Hi everyone.  It's been 2 weeks already, and it's time for another challenge to begin over at
 Try It on Tuesday. This is our first April challenge, and I think you'll love the new theme, perfect for this month.

First let me thank everyone who joined in to our last challenge (Oh So Sweet) and also to Chris who was our guest hostess. I loved seeing so many cute creations.

This time I think our challenge will be equally as popular as our last challenge was. Our newest challenge is 

Hello Spring


I decided to make my Hello Spring art journal page about being out in the garden. I started by using some bright pink paint and rubbing it around my background. I didn't want it to be a solid pink look which is why I used paint and not pink paper.  I also used the pink because I was going for warm. Then I stamped my cherry blossom branch 5 times along the bottom of the page. 

I used some watered down pale pink paint to slightly offset the color of the cherry blossoms.  I stamped the bird image  3 times. I then colored those birds in and also added a lower beak so their mouths would be open. Don't you love how the birds sing in the nice weather? I wanted my birds to be full of spring joy and singing their hearts out.

The bunny image was stamped twice. I glued the first one down on my page, and then I put a couple of those double sided sticky  foam adhesives down. Then after fussy cutting the second bunny I put him down over the first bunny. It's a bit hard to see on my page, but it makes the bunny look like he is really hopping off the page. 

I stamped and colored the flower chain. After I stamped the Happy Spring words on white paper, I stamped another quote around it.


And there's lots of wonderful spring inspiration from the other designers too, so be sure to check them out.

You have 2 weeks to join us at Try It On Tuesday, and we accept all kinds of art.  I hope you're thinking spring as I look forward to getting lots of spring inspiration.

Thanks for visiting my blog.



Note: The stamps I used for this page mostly come from some very old sets. The cherry blossoms are from  Flourishes Clear Stamps , the birds are from an old Kim Hughes by Cornish Heritage Farms, the bunny is from Impression Obsession, the Happy Spring is a wood backed stamp from Hero Arts and the words around it are from some old word sets by Technique Tuesday. The flower chain is the newest image, and that is from a Zinski set from Paper Artsy. 

 

16 comments:

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous spring page, love that bright pink!

Tom said...

...enjoy your spring.

Iris Flavia said...

Awwww, such happy, happy colors and such a very cute bunny!
Here it´s cold but the sun is shining bright!!!
Happy Spring and hugs!

Valerie-Jael said...

This is really gorgeous, love the little birds - something for David - and the bunny! Hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

Hi Erika, I hope you are well and enjoying your mini break! Your spring page is so cheery with the bright pink and stamps, the white rabbit looks very happy hopping through the blossoms 😊. Wow, looking at your blog posts it looks like you've had a lot of snow recently and I do hope seeing the robin means spring is on its way and the weather improves for you. Your pages look fabulous but the fish that you created caught my eye, isn't it amazing - love it! Thanks so much for all your kind wishes on my blog posts and wishing you a wonderful April! Hugs, Jo x

Helen said...

Absolutely love that bright pink background for your cut little bunny! Have a Happy Spring! ((HUGS)) Helen

Christine said...

Lovely spring page!

Joan said...

Such a lovely happy spring page, love the hopping bunny. We have had a few lovely spring days and everything is bursting into life, hope you get som warmer weather soon


Joan x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was sure I left you a comment this morning, but it appears I didn't. I especially like the mottled pink background and those cute birds. But the bunny is the star of the show. SO sweet. Spring has definitely arrived on your journal page, if not so where you live!

Meggymay said...

I love how you used pink as a background for your springtime inspiration page Erika, and smiled when I saw the cute little bunny. It did remind me of blossom time with will be with us soon.
Have a good rest of the week.
Yvonne xx

Pia S said...

The bold and cheerful pink background looks awesome, I love the pattern your painting or daubing gas left. Great use of older stash, love how you did the sentiment part too.

Divers and Sundry said...

I like your choice of color. That bright pink is cheering as we have gray as far as the eye can see here.

Jeanie said...

This is really pretty. I love the monochromatic look here -- and perfect stamp for the blossoms!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the pink here ...
Happy Spring wishes.

All the best Jan

Mrs.B said...

A lovely vibrant page Erika. I love Cherry blossom - the paler ones are just beginning to blossom here. That little bunny does look is if he's jumping around on your page, so cute.
Avril xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

This really is an excellent way to say' Hello Spring'. I adore the little white rabbit and the pink really has Spring zing! Hugs, Chrisx