Thursday, April 6, 2023

Alice Is Smitten with Emory

 Hi everyone. 

I haven't posted anything new for Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's theme at Art Journal Journey since day 1, so it is time to change that. Today I have a journal page where I recycled a magazine page, reused some metal stickers and also used a die cut paper scrap rather than throwing it out. 

I started by recycling this red sheet of paper with all the hearts cut out of it. Back in February when I was hosting at AJJ, I die cut lots of hearts on a half sheet of red cardstock. I saved the left over sheet rather than throwing it away. To use it for this page, I took half a sheet of colored paper that came out of the inside of an old Somerset Studio magazine and layered it underneath the red hearts. The 2 papers worked well together but looked a little flat, so I used white thread and a zigzag stitch and sewed it down onto a piece of white watercolor paper.

I used some fancy scissors to cut around the border of a TH photo and added that. I had these 3 metal letters in my stash, and I thought they looked good so I added them. The a, s and e don't really mean anything (although almost all enzyme names end in ase), but they were just what I had. In fact they all had been used in some other project at some time in the past,  and I had to peel some left over stuck paper off the back of them. I guess I could say that they stand for Alice is smitten with Emory, which is what I named the 2 people in the photo. Finally I added the butterfly sticker and the quote.

That's my new art for today.

I am also linking up to  Rain's Art and Dinner Date.  Her theme is folklore this week, and here's a couple of art journal pages I made last autumn that would work for that theme.




That's all for me. Have a wonderful rest of your week and weekend ahead. 


22 comments:

Christine said...

Lovely pages for the themes Erica.

Christine said...

Sorry I meant Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Those are perfect pages for a long, lovely weekend!
Love them all, hugs!

Tom said...

...I haven't hear smitten in ages!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful assortment of art.

Angie's Recipes said...

It's a beautiful page. Love that butterfly sticker.

Divers and Sundry said...

"Smitten" :) Sweet!

Gillena Cox said...

Some nice ones. Happy Thursday

Much💜love

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

WOW!! What a great way to recycle those heart cutouts, It was tryly a recycled sheet. The sewing was awesome and I love how you used your deckle scissors to make the TH photo look even more realistic. Thanks for this awesome entry you gave us using Bleubeard's and my theme at Art Journal Journey, dear Erika.

I remember those old entries and am still impressed with psychic.

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful pages. My favorite is the fairy and teacup flower page. Weather improving for the weekend

Valerie-Jael said...

Your new page is fabulous, love the colour and style. And the folklore pieces are wonderful, too! Hugs, Valerie

Jeanie said...

I like today's art, Erika! Especially the hearts. For years I had all those Somerset magazines and treated them so carefully. But now that I'm getting ready to recycle or toss them (if I can't find a good home for them) I'm going through with an exacto knife and ripping out things that inspire me. I don't know why I didn't do it years ago!

ashok said...

Lovely pages

sirkkis said...

Wonderful and beautifully composed pages.
Have a happy sunny Easter time xx
P.S. Snow is smelted nearly all here, but in Lapland there is much of it !

Aimeslee Winans said...

I'm chuckling at your enzyme factoid! You will appreciate this: Amylase is my enzyme animal. I was actually a bit deficient in it as a newborn, I almost died of colic. Anyway, Mom taught me the -ases. I also used a die cut negative on my card I just posted. I bet you have leftovers from February for sure. I'm really trying to dig into my bits and bobs to use, but I won't even make a dent in them, so sad. XOX

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am quite sure I was smitten at least once! Didn't hurt either. Hugs - David

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fun page - love how you used those letters to give your page that title! It's so good to use up scraps isn't it! Loving your folklore page, hugs, Chrisx

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Your Journal pages are always beautifully done ... I would be hard prressed to pick a favorite. You have a good eye and your pages always have balance. And I love the Quote "wonderful, wonderful, and most wonderful, wonderful" it seems to fit your art :) Happy Easter, Erika ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

nwilliams6 said...

Love the hearts ad fun picture in your new page and the previous pages are fab too. You have such a heart for reusing and for people - so obvious in your art and posts. Hugz

craftytrog said...

Three wonderful pages!

Rain said...

Your journal pages are beautiful Erika, I love all of the hearts! The "folklore" piece is very mysterious!!! ☺

NatureFootstep said...

very heartful art in your post. :)