Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Latitude and Longitude/Wednesday Art

 Hi everyone. Happy middle of the week to you. Today I have some art to share.

I'll begin with   a new page  for Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's Recycle, Reuse and Repurpose challenge at Art Journal Journey. And since I have at least 3 media on my page, I am also going to link up to this month's Creative Artiste #92 blog challenge. Their challenges are always Anything Goes. 

I call this page Latitude and Longitude.


I've recycled three things on this page. First of all I started this page by taking some strips of paper and weaving them to make some vertical and horizontal stripes. These paper strips were left over from when I made a journal and had to cut the pages down  to fit in the book cover. 

I also cut the sails for this sailboat out of some scraps from a travel map I picked up in Florida back  in January. (The hull is made from using a piece of paper, a Sharpie and some scissors to cut it out.) The sun is made by cutting a circle out of an old dictionary page and then painting it yellow. The rest of my page is made with paint, markers, watercolor pastels, a sea gull stamp, and scissors. I thought my page still looked pretty flat so I splattered some white paint on it, but sadly I think the white paint got a little too heavy and looks like snow. There's nothing I can do at this point other than start the page all over again, so it is what it is.

I also have a another tag to share for Wendy's Spring Colors:Yellow and Green challenge at 


I inked the background green, used a doily die cut on yellow paper, and added this face that I cut out of an old magazine page. I chose her because she is wearing some green. The flowers and leaves are from some Art by Marlene punch out images, and I added the little yellow and green confetti flowers. Finally I stamped the quote.

That's all for me today. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.





21 comments:

Meggymay said...

I'm a lot later catching up this week, but as always have enjoyed your posts and your art pieces. The photos from the museum visit looked super, I think I would have spent quite a long time looking at all the interesting pieces in there.
I hope you had a good Easter Holiday and are keeping well.
Yvonne xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Ooooh, your journal page is gorgeous, love it. One of my BIG faves. And the tag is gogeous, too, thanks so much for another lovely creation for Wendy's challenge! Have a nice day! Today my cleaning man is here, and I can hardly recognise my messy kitchen now that he has cleaned and organised it, wow! Hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

I love the boat and the seagull!
January sounds like a second away... Using those books is great!
I have a whole box in front to give away - maybe I take a page here and there (so the other still can understand what it´s all about).

To rising! Hugs!

Angie's Recipes said...

I love the first page...didn't realize that yellow and blue are so lovely together.

Tom said...

...my Friday post is about Dreamers! Have a wonderful day.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Latitude and Longitude - yachts and gulls - water lapping at the shore - count me in, Erika. I'll bring coffee! Hugs - David

CJ Kennedy said...

Clever use of the strips for longitude and latitude. I think all the white dots look like sea spray. Nice tag, too. Enjoy the weather the next couple of days! 🌞

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fantastic entry, Erika. Possibly my favorite so far. I love how you used a map for the sails, a dictionary page for the sun, and the excess blue strips you wove together. If that truly IS snow, the sun will soon turn it to water! I love it just the way it is. Thanks for this great entry at AJJ using Bleubeard's and my theme.

Your tag is adorable. For some reason, I can't seem to wrap my head around those colors, but I sure like what you have created.

Christine said...

Lovely page and tag!

R's Rue said...

So cute.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely colourful art you've shared.

All the best Jan

Jeanie said...

I have a fondness for sailboats and this really makes me smile big!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Erika, hope your week is going well. I just love both of your pieces very much. Such an artsy page, love the weaving and your hand-drawn elements. And your tag is so pretty and like Spring. XOX

Shari Burke said...

I quite like the snow effect! It doesn't snow here very often, but we have had snow and sun at the same time and I like the combination of the sailboat, sun, and snow.

Divers and Sundry said...

I like that bright sunshine on that sailboat :) I can feel the warmth on my face now.

Neet said...

There is nothing like a seascape type picture to brighten me up and your page certainly did that. I love the yellow sun shining so brightly with its rays cutting through the fluffy clouds.
What a fabulous pair of sails the boat has. A perfect place for Mr Seagull to perch and enjoy his sail.
Hugs, Neet xx

Sandra Wright. said...

What a delightful tag, perfect for Wendy's theme.
I love the sentiment too.
Thank you for joining in with our challenge at Tag Tuesday x

pinky said...

Your tag is just gorgeous, so fresh in those colours and what a great image and sentiment Erika, love it. Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday this fortnight.
Pinky

WendyK said...

Another lovely tag for my challenge on Tag Tuesday, thank you so much , hugs Wendy

Fiona said...

What a great vibrant piece - I love that idea of weaving the papers together - that seagull looks as though he's up to mischief. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous mixed media page! Loving your scene with the beautiful boat and the seagull, and the sun rays are perfect 😊. I bet you'll be getting your boat out soon and enjoying the better weather! Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Artiste! Hugs, Jo x