Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Rainbow Colors

 Hi everyone.  It's already time for another new challenge at Try It on Tuesday.

First let me thank everyone who joined us for our Hello Spring challenge. I also want to thank Claudia for being our guest designer for that challenge.

It's now time for our new challenge which will run for the next 2 weeks. This time our theme is

Rainbow Colors

You don't have to make a rainbow, unless you want to. We do want to see lots of colors, just like the rainbow has. 

Today I want to share another spread from my junk journal. I think the only rainbow color I am missing is dark purple.

My background is made with  scraps from some magazine pages as well as the backs of some small tags that were also in the magazine. I covered up the holes (in those tags) with some other pieces of paper so they wouldn't look like tags.

The vintage photo and the quote are also from the magazines. The red heart was a left over and on my work table, as was the little wooden star too.  Finally I still had a brochure from the Dali Museum in Florida that I visited back in January. I cut out the special exhibit and also the shape of dream phrases and added them to my spread.

When I finished making this junk journal I realized I still have  many bits and pieces left to use up. There may be another one being made in the near future. Smile.

The design team  over at Try It On Tuesday has lots of colorful inspiration also so be sure to check out their art too. 

I hope you're feeling colorful and will join us at Try It on Tuesday with some art during this challenge.

I am also linking up my spread to Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's Recycle, Reuse and Repurpose challenge at Art Journal Journey. Please remember only art journal pages are accepted at this challenge.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

22 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wowser Erika! Absolutely brilliant spread! Loving this bright combination of shapes and patterns. The quote is apt for so many of us! I do see dark purple - middle of the spread! Hugs, Chrisx

Tom said...

...the more colors the better, I say!

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful, colorful spread. I like the way the triangle paper on the bottom mimics the shape of the zigzag paper on the top. A great quote, too.

The Happy Whisk said...

I love all the brightness!

Christine said...

Lovely work!

Angie's Recipes said...

This is beautiful! I love the quote.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love this, the colours and patterns are gorgeous, I need colours just now. Have a a great day, hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the shapes, and that quote's a real inspiration.

Helen said...

Oh my gosh Erika... love all the collaged bright pretty papers! And I agree with your sentiment, especially the older I get. Have a super week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Jeanie said...

rThat's a fun entry for the theme!

Pia S said...

I think I need to read magazines with refreshed eyes, I've never flipped through one with making my own art as the goal. These pages are so playful and artsy and I do like the idea of creating an art journal too.

Pia S said...

I meant junk journal, not art journal. But junk can be art too:)

Let's Art Journal said...

Loving your rainbow coloured pages! Loving how you added all the coloured papers, its such wonderful inspiration for our new theme 😊. Take care and sending happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Well, this cannot help but brighten up anyone's mood! And a really good quote that speaks to looking on the bright side. Hope your last several lucky days have helped ease the disappointment of your cancelled trip. It's been a dreary day down here but it'll be cool tonight and more so later in the week, so there is my silver lining lol. Have a good one! xoxo

Iris Flavia said...

A lovely page and I am happy to say... I know what a wonderful life I have!
Some regrets, of course, but all in all ... great! Hugs and to art and wonderful, creative times...

Meggymay said...

A fantastic spread Erika, I loved the shapes and colours as well as those great sentiments you added. Good luck using up the bits and pieces, I think we only make room to add more as the pile decreases.
Have a good week.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is a truly colorful spread, Erika. Very much a rainbow of colors. And it is totally recycled colors, too! Thanks for sharing it with us at AJJ using Bleubeard's and my theme.

Lowcarb team member said...

Now that is a very colourful spread, I like it.

All the best Jan

Neet said...

I love how you have included the various colours and then set them off with a black and white photo in the centre.
We should remind ourselves of that saying when we feel down - it rings true with me so often.
Hugs, Neet xx

Viv said...

Wonderful array of shapes and colours Erika and a perfect quote. x

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Erika, love how you've collage those colourful papers and they look so cheerful with all the patterns.
Love the quote, so true.
Avril xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Definitely full of scrumptious colour what a super choice of papers Erika, could you imagine fabric just like this, delicious. Really like the image you used too, reminds me of a character from the silver screen era. Fabulous pages, glad you salvaged some leftovers. Hugs Tracey xx
P.S Sorry got side tracked with all those fabulous photo's you've been showing past and present amazing, I'm far too nosey when I have an hour to spare :))