Friday, April 21, 2023

Some Views and Faces of Belfast, Maine

 Hi everyone. Happy Friday to you.

I'm here today with a post for Nicole's Friday Face Off and also for Gillena's Friday Lunch Break.

Some of you might have read back in my T Day post (this past Tuesday) that described how last week I took a more-or-less spontaneous but fun roadtrip up to Belfast, Maine. My husband had business there, and he invited me along for the ride. That ride turned into an overnight visit and a little bit of sightseeing.

We were having gorgeous weather too, so that made the trip even better.

Today let me share some views of Belfast, Maine. Let me start off with some "faces".


A clock face
and whale face


My dog Mr. Pete looking at something out of the car window


The face of a building that was painted in an interesting way


And this wall was being refaced


And here's some little faces in this anniversary poster that really stood out on this brick wall.


And here's a few other photos of Belfast to share. These don't really have faces, but I  thought you might enjoy them. I took these in the early evening while out walking in town along this fantastic rail trail that was there.






And I'm guessing this next building was the old train station along the trail.


I love this tug, but if you notice on the right hand side of the photo there are 2 bridges. The upper one is the main road-Route 1. The lower one is the old road and now part of the rail trail.


That's all for me today. I hope you have a fantastic start to your weekend.








18 comments:

Tom said...

...what lovely glimpses of the past. I would love to see the inside of the red house boat. Enjoy your weekend.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Let's do the right thing by the Right Whales. We have done the wrong thing for long enough. Hugs - David

sirkkis said...

Erika, than you sharing the set of various intereting photos. I know that dogs also enjoy the sun 😉
Happy sunny weekend to all of the family 💚🌻🐕

Gillena Cox said...

Happy you linked to AFFF.
Have a nice weekend. Thanks for sharing your fantastic scenes.

Much💖love

Gene Black said...

Very nice photos, Erica. Have a great weekend!

CJ Kennedy said...

I love your take on faces.

Angie's Recipes said...

Mr. Pete doesn't look too happy..hope that he enjoyed the ride :-) Belfast looks beautiful!

Christine said...

Good faces and views

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I absolutely LOVE your take on faces. I especially love the play on the word Face. Just adorable.

What a lovely town. Really charming. The building with the flag on the front is truly on its last leg. Ah, to live on a house boat! Great photos from your walk, dear.

Valerie-Jael said...

Belfast looks beautiful, and I love your clever take on faces! Hugs, Valerie

The Happy Whisk said...

The water is stunning. And I love the pup!

DVArtist said...

Wow Erika! These are just amazing photos. Thank you for sharing with FFO. Have a very lovely day.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great photos. (And I always love seeing Pete.)

Jeanie said...

Belfast looks really beautiful. I bet Rick would like riding on that rail trail. I'd just like being by the water!

carol l mckenna said...

Love the doggie and tugboat ~ great photos of Belfast ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Divers and Sundry said...

I got a kick out of your take on faces today :)

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Belfast, Maine is a storybook town ... how beautiful and quaint. That is a walk I would love to take. Here in the Midwest we don't hear much about Right Whales, but I would hope that everyone who has the opportunity will help the Right Whale ... we can't afford to lose any of our natural treasures. Thank you for the visit, Erika ... it was a beautiful site.

Andrea @ From the Sol

Neet said...

Really enjoyed seeing all your photos of belfast. What a great idea to make this post about faces.
Interesting and informative - thanks.
Hugs, Neet xx