Tuesday, August 22, 2023

A Horse Ride

Hi everyone. It's time for a new challenge at Try It On Tuesday .

Thank you to everyone who joined us for our Sing a Song challenge that ran for the last 2 weeks. And thank you Steph for being our host for that challenge. It was fun seeing  all the entries to this musical themed challenge.

For the next 2 weeks our  Try It On Tuesday challenge is

LETS GO OUTSIDE

Think about being outside   What do you see when you’re there?  What do you like to do outside?


A horse ride is something that definitely can happen outside. I've only ever gone on one horse ride in my life. It was back in 2013 on a school trip to Costa Rica. I was given the tallest horse, and I'm pretty short. The horse's name was Morro, and he liked to stop and eat banana tree leaves along the way. 
I loved this horseback ride, and so I was excited to make a horseback riding page for this TIOT challenge.


I attached a piece of painted scrap deli paper onto some watercolor paper. I then continued the paint out to the edges of the white paper.  I also used a stencil to create a bit of texture on the brown. The trees are stamped, the girl on her horse is from an Art By Marlene booklet (as are the birdhouses and flowers). The sun is painted and stamped, and finally I doodled some little birds all over the page.

Our Let's Go Outside challenge runs for the next 2 weeks. I hope you're inspired and join us. 

I am also linking up this page to Chris's Where in the World challenge at Art Journal Journey. Although all types of art are accepted at   Try It On Tuesday, please remember only art journaling pages are accepted at Art Journal Journey.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.


21 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I have been on a horse a few times. When I was young we knew a farmer who had two huge Clydesdales and I used to sit way up front and hold onto the mane. Those were the days when kids were allowed to be kids. Hugs- David

Angie's Recipes said...

Such a beautiful page! Let's go out and have fun :-)

Tom said...

...she popa against the background!

Joan said...

Oh how I love your scene Erika, too old and creaky to-get on a horse now but how I loved riding in my younger days, your fab art brought me happy memories


Joan x

R's Rue said...

Wow

pearshapedcrafting said...

I used to love riding my friend's horse, we used to take our lunch with us sometimes. Of course I love this page especially as it is also for my AJJ theme, Thank you, hugs, Chrisx

Jeanie said...

I like your horseback art lots better than being on a horse myself!

Lowcarb team member said...

The only time I've been on a horse ... well it was a donkey, was the beach rides we used to enjoy as children on holiday :)

Love your colourful page.

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Erika, it's me again!

Just popped back to say, many thanks for your recent comment and idea about a post :)
I've just posted 'More About Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner'
Read it here:-

https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/2023/08/more-about-winner-winner-chicken-dinner.html

Thanks again for a great idea.

All the best Jan

Hels said...

Even people who find most animals a bit alarming .. usually find horses intelligent and friendly.

Pia S said...

Like you, I think my horse riding experience was limited to one, my older sister was super allergic so it was a no go to spend time with horses for me. Which was totally ok for me, I should add:) But your page is a stunner, I'm admiring all the details and just the layout of it all.

Aimeslee Winans said...

A nice tribute to your horse riding memory, lovely page. I've tried riding a few times but never was that interested. XOX

Hels said...

Horses are such sensitive, caring and clever creatures. I love very intelligent dogs like labradors, but so many cats, rabbits, chickens and guinea pigs seem of only average intelligence.

Iris Flavia said...

Funny, Bertiebo just gave me a thought on my horse-adventures (I´ll share on Sunday).
I miss horses. Fun yours munched away! Well, probably not fun, but kinda cute! Hugs

Divers and Sundry said...

That sounds like a fond memory. It's been decades since I was on a horse, and I was never much of a horse rider even then. When I'm outside I like to walk in parks and gardens.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I love the vibrant yellows in this. - Anne (Cornucopia)

Neet said...

I always wanted a horse when I was younger but never had the opportunity. Now I am too old to start taking riding lessons but I still like the thoughts of horse riding.
Love your page, the colouring is great from the sky to the yellow where the flowers are and all the sunshine to the dusty road where she rides her horse. A fabulous page Erika.
Hugs, Neet xx

Meggymay said...

A fantastic way to spend time outside Erika, its a great page for the new theme. I'm not happy around horses but enjoy watching them we have a few stables and many bridle [horse friendly path] ways close by.
Yvonne xx

Bonnie said...

What an awesome scene, Erika! So many wonderful details and colors! Thanks for the warm welcome at Try it on Tuesday!

Mrs.B said...

I'm a bit late with my commenting at the moment,
Love this happy page remembering your horse ride, you've created a fabulous outdoor scene with lots of great details.
Avril xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a great shared memory and a really nice story created on your journal page. I used to go horse riding every weekend when a young girl before I hit my teens as part of a club. I was used to being around horses as my Cousin owned a Palomino with the brownest of eyes and longest lashes, stunning creature. Thanks for bringing back a happy memory lovely.
Hugs Tracey xx