Saturday, August 26, 2023

Sea Adventures

Hi everyone.  Happy weekend to you. 

 I'm posting on Saturday since the weather doesn't look to be as nice today as it does tomorrow (Sunday). That means this weekend Sunday will most likely, weather dependent, be a boating day. There aren't too many weeks left before it just gets too chilly to be out on the water. It's really only about a month until it's time to start thinking of putting the boat away for the winter. Not, thankfully, that winter will be here that soon. Or at least I hope not. 😁

Here's another page for Art Journal Journey. This month you probably know Chris is hosting, and her theme is Where in the World.

Since August wraps up on Thursday, you still have a few days to join us, and we'd love it if you did. :) In this post I'm taking you for a boat trip on whatever body of water you'd like it to be. 


I made my page with a couple of stamps, a couple of sheets of printed paper, some ink pads, a stencil and some blue stencil paste.  Then I finished it off for a few assorted sequins.

All the images are cut out of the printed paper and layered onto my stamped and inked background.  After stamping the quotes, I finished my page by adding the stenciled corner images.

Most of this year's boating photos are still on my camera, but here's a few from early in the season. (Back in early/mid June)


Maddie and Pete really wanted to snack on my mackerel.


The old military prison at the Navy Shipyard. It's spooky enough in the sunlight, and  it's really spooky in the fog. (I'll show you photos of it once I unload my camera. There are missing windows, boarded up windows, some windows still have bars, and there are trees growing off the roof. What a waste of a big old building.


Here's a giant flock of Canada geese.
This next photo isn't very clear, but I think maybe it's a loon not quite in its summer plumage. These photos are from earlier in June.


The rocking boat lulled Maddie to sleep.


The hubby's first fish of the season. It was too small to keep, and he would have tossed it back anyhow.



This year there are so many cranes at the Naval Shipyard.  That must mean they are busy with projects, which is great for the local economy. They looked interesting in the fog.


And lastly,here's a lot of buoys for lobster pots on  the end of one of the commercial docks we powered by.
 This fisherman's color must be solid yellow or perhaps solid white.


That's all for me. Have a great weekend!











 

19 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

To boating days!!!! Last time I was on a boat was 2015 - I even was made to "drive" (skipper by my side of course).
We were the slowest boat hence....
Do you have to remind me August is about to end? Let´s see if I can come up with something for the theme - I really wanted to, but itt was so busy here. And tiredness hit me so hard.
Love, love, love your page!!!

Ingo was caught a mackerel (in Carnarvon/Western Australia) - dunno if it was old... it tasted awful!
Fun pic of you! :-)
Spooky. I´m still not sure if to visit Freo prison at night... We´ve been there twice at daytime. Spooky!

Maddie :-)

I really look forward to the ocean. Nice to have a pre-visit of what´s to come here! Hugs and have FUN tomorrow! (Pics are welcome)

Iris Flavia said...

P.S. I had to post a new one and would be interested in your opinion, as you come from art and science alike.

sirkkis said...

Nice idea to use tags on your great collage page👍
Thanks for sharing your fishing photos. I so know how dogs love to be with boat trips. When we had two dachshunds they both liked to be on the boat. We had a big motor boat and a small one with us. When we were over night in some placed the other dog demanded that my son every morning took it on ride with the small boat which had a small outboard motor and they both had really fun 🤣
I wish your weeks is full of joy, too 😘

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Erika, I just came back from my Saturday adventire - trying to get on and off overfilled trams on a Saturday while equipped with a rollator and shopping bag. I'll keep the story down to one word - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
Love your journal page, and of course the photos. Lovely to see you with your fishing rod and the way the dogs are enthralled by the little fishes. And Maddie, asleep once again. Thanks for sharing the wonderful pics, I so miss water and boats here. Okay, we do have the lovely Rhine, but it's not the same as being by the sea! Hugs, Valerie

Tom said...

..in the Adirondacks, I rarely see Lions, but I hear them. Such a haunting sound.

Angie's Recipes said...

That fish isn't small at all! Maddie and Pete were for sure having a blast. The page looks beautiful.

Jeanie said...

We're cold (62) and gloomy today. I wish I was on that boat with you -- it looks wonderful. I love seeing Maddie, too. Oh, those photos look great. I'm glad it's still summer somewhere! And by the way, I really love this art piece. Your layering, background, topic all score!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your journal page.
Sweet photograph of you, the mackerel, Maddie and Pete :)
Hubby's fish looks good to me!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

All the best Jan

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Fun! Any day out on the water is a good day. I think you are right, that looks like a loon.

Gillena Cox said...

Wow! Thanks for showing us your fantastic photos
Happy Sunday

Much💖love

Mae Travels said...

I like your fish and sea collage, because the images are pretty and you didn't take the challenge too literally.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Gillena Cox said...

Erika, thank you for linking to Sunday Smiles

Much💖love

Hels said...

There is nothing as fresh as fish caught over the side of your own boat.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Wow, can't believe that fish wasn't big enough to keep, I'm wondering why would he have thrown it back is it was bigger? I'm assuming he just fishes to fish, which is preferable in my book because you do have to clean them! Hope you got your boating in! Beautiful page for AJJ. XOX

R's Rue said...

Such beautiful photos.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Divers and Sundry said...

Daddy had a little fishing boat, and your post brings back memories of the boat rocking in the water and of the water splashing gently against the sides of the boat. A cane pole and worms and hours of quiet... Lovely, even when I didn't catch anything :)

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great art and photos.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Your page is wonderful, very calming, I must say though the water you are on doesn't look so calm. I don't think I would enjoy it as much as you do. Loving the photos. Thanks so much for linking to my AJJ theme once again, hugs Chrisx

Neet said...

Another cute picture of Maddie.
Hope yu get some more time out on the water as is in your page. You have some lovely images by the look of all those tags and pieces on your page, and I love the way you have arranged them. I am not that good at collaging pieces but you definitely have the knack to do it. A lovely page and some delightful photos.
Hugs, Neet xx