Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Where in the World is the Best Place

Hi everyone.  Happy almost end of August. 

In this post I want to share my last pages for Chris' Where in the World challenge at Art Journal Journey. I really enjoyed this challenge, and I also enjoyed seeing everyone's pages. There were a lot of great journaled places to explore, and it goes to show you how interesting the world is. 😀

Thank you Chris and thank you everyone who participated this past month at Art Journal Journey.

My final pages (there's 2) come out of my Charleston (South Carolina) trip journal.


Even though it's always exciting to go away, it's even better to come home. It's Where in the World the best place to be is.


When I went to visit my friend, I had an evening flight home from Raleigh (North Carolina) with a plane change in Baltimore. It should have been a quick and easy trip, but both flights had delays. I was supposed to have landed around 11 PM, with an hour drive home from the airport, but instead I ended up landing well after midnight. Luckily I only had a carry on  bag so I didn't have to wait for luggage, but it was still very late by the time I ended up at home. 

My first page is pretty simple. I inked the background, die cut the moon, stamped and fussy cut the plane, and then cut the word home out of a magazine.

I wrapped up that part of the trip with a second page, more about my going home travels and arrival time.


For this page I also inked the background. I also added the receipt for parking my car at the airport. I  die cut a watch fob, and I didn't add the "clock" to it. Instead I added in some sticker to show the time I arrived at home. I also made a small "tag" with some scrap paper, stickers and a "charm". The words around the edge in this photo actually are on the paper before this last page in my travel journal. They relate to that page, but they do look good as a border to this page too.

And that's all there is for me this month at AJJ.

Before I sign off I also want to share a tag I made for Wendy's OWL challenge at Tag Tuesday.


I used some orange spray ink, a tad bit of tissue paper, a TH Halloween image as well as a button and some little foam stars to make this whimsical owl tag.

That's all for me today.
Enjoy what's left to August. I'll be back on the first when our new challenge at Art Journal Journey begins.




17 comments:

Tom said...

...home is fine with me.

Angie's Recipes said...

East, west, home is the best! Have a great day, Erika.

Iris Flavia said...

Absolutely love all three works!
Sorry for the delay, I so not look forward to the flight to Singapore! I just bet we again get a one-hour-delay cause of defrosting the plane in Frankfurt.
Hm. Home. Is that the best? When we´ll be home from sunny Perth we´ll freeze our butts off here ;-)
Oh, I´m still at the owl-book!
Thank you for the very cute reminder! Hugs and to a great day (I´m a bit sad I somehow found no approach to join the travel theme).

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love these final pages for Chris's theme at AJJ. They are wonderful. I was shocked at the charge for three days of parking at the airport. Do they have long term, or is that the cost for long term? I can see why you were tired when you got home. It's always good to get home.

Cute owl tag, too. That's a really quirky owl.

Neet said...

I absolutely love your owl tag. Gorgeous colours and a cute image.
Your journal page echoes what is in so many hearts - home is the best place in the world and this is a perfect page to end Chris' challenge with.
Love how you told the time with your second page and used your memorabilia from the journey.
Hugs, Neet xx

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Great journal to house lots of great memories. It’s always good to get back home. Hugs - David

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your wonderful journal pages, it looks like that plane is upside down, scary! Ad of course I LOVE your winking owl on that fabulous background, gorgeous. Thanks so much for supporting Tag Tuesday. Hugs, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Coming home is always nice, I think so too and your journal pages are fabulously designed. your Tag is so beautifulmit der Eule!
Have a good day, hug Elke

Jeanie said...

I love all of these, Erika. Oh, I hate flying! It's less the time in the plane as it is the getting there and getting back!

CJ Kennedy said...

Home's fine, but I wish my home was at the beach. After your flight delays getting home in the wee hours must have felt like heaven. The owl tag is very cute. I especially love the alphabet background. I hope you got to stay home to enjoy the beautiful weather today

The Padre said...

You So Inspired Me To Work In Some Orange And Fire House Reds - Stoked

Thank You,
Cheers

Divers and Sundry said...

You'd think they'd have air travel figured out by now...

The Halloween image is fun to see. I always look forward to Halloween :)

Gillena Cox said...

Bravo Erica. Some nice ones. My final August post is HERE

Much💖love

peppylady (Dora) said...

Hope your August was great.
Coffee is on, and stay safe.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Erika! Hope y'all are enjoying some good weather up thar!
This is a jam-packed art post, full of great eye candy. Love both of your pages and your tag. The travel pages are so good, made me remember just how one feels coming home. Perfect. And your tag is a delightful Halloween owl, love the background too. Hope your September is off to a great start. We are beginning to have comfortable nights again and I am so thankful! XOX

pinky said...

What a fun quirky owl, love he is winking lol. Brilliant tag Erika. Thanks for playing along with us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky

WendyK said...

Just love your gorgeous owl tag, fab colours as well. Sorry this is late, just back from a very sunny and internet free holiday in Wales.
Hugs Wendy.