Friday, August 4, 2023

More Faces and Flowers from Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens

 Hi everyone. Happy Friday! I hope you are excited for another weekend. We have some rain today, but at least instead of an all week event, it looks like it is just for the day. 

Today I am going to finish showing my photos from Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens. You've seen all the trolls, but there were things to see other than those cool and very large statues.

And thank you Nicole for sharing another photo of the trolls on your post.  Those trolls are so cool, aren't they?

Since it is Friday, I am linking up to Nicole's Friday Face Off  and Gillena's  Friday Lunch Break. Let me start with some more faces for Nicole's Friday face Off challenge.

How about this frog on a lilypad? 

Or this cute rabbit statue?


A favorite of mine was this owl statue hanging in a tree.


And here's yours truly.



For any cat lover this is a great picket fence.
And for any whale lover this is a cool fountain. Actually all 3 rocks around this fountain were spouting whales.


And let me share a few other garden scenes.






More lily pads, but no frogs.



And in a wooded corner of the garden, there's this cool waterfall.





Here's the pond that the waterfall falls into. I love how the fountain in the middle creates this watery circle.








I didn't quite get the face on this one.





Have a great start to your weekend. 





14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I have oohd and aahd through the whole place, what a wonderful garden, so much to see and enjoy. I'm sure it must have smelled good, too. Yesterday I got a mail you sent me a year back, and for some reason or other - explained in a very long list of letters, numbers and symbols by my mail provider - it just got delievered. That really was a speedy delivery. Hugs, Valerie

hels said...

There is a small house/hut with a green mossy roof. What is it used for?

Gillena Cox said...

Wow. What a happy post. Luv it all.
Happy Friday

Much💖love

Christine said...

Enjoyed these excellent photos!

craftytrog said...

Great photos! That's a beautiful garden.

Angie's Recipes said...

That owl statue is so darn sweet and cute. Thanks for the great garden tour and I love the waterfall shot with the rainbow.

CJ Kennedy said...

The cat picket fence is cute, but that frog needs a crown. So far, no rain or thunderstorms.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Beautiful garden, it looks huge with so many pockets of interest and hidden gems. I especially like the waterfall area, looks incredibly peaceful. The little House with it's mossy roof would make an inspirational space to create from. A lovely share Erika.
Glad you enjoyed the pics from our little getaway, sadly the narrowboat is not ours but we have access to it every year a trade for our holiday home abroad as care duties do not allow me to be too far away from home now. It certainly is a different way of life.
Wishing you a super creative weekend, it's another wash out here.
Hugs Tracey xx

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Erika, when you posted about the trolls at the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens, I thought they were a reason to go and NOW I see there are many more. It's been added to our places-to-see in New England and the list keeps growing!

carol l mckenna said...

Awesome place and great photos ~ favorites are little sculptures ~ delightful ~ with the surroundings ~


Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Jeanie said...

Well, you knew I'd love that cat fence but there is so much to love in this post (and this garden), who would know where to begin? Wonderful sculpture, beautiful blooms, and so much green goodness. Being here would definitely be a treat!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fabulous post. Not sure where to begin. Many things struck me. The 2 story "house" reminds me of a movie I saw years ago where a family built it in the jungle. No idea what the film was now. It must not have made an impression, but his house sure has.

I love the banana palm in the blue pot. Nice to see your face in the circle. I think this is a great entry and makes me really, really want to visit the Coastal Maine Botanical Garden.

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm impressed you could get a frog photo. They usually jump before I can catch them still. That garden does look delightful. The perfect place for a summer outing.

Neet said...

Love all the photos of the gardens. I could not compete with th4ese, there is so much to see and I love the cat picket fence but the whales are fabulous as are the frog and the rabbit. Best of all is that lady peeping through the circle!
Looks as if you had a great time and lovely weather.
Hugs, Neet xx