Friday, August 11, 2023

Friday Art

 Hi everyone. Happy Friday to you. 

I'm posting  3 journal pages today to link up to Nicole's Friday Face Off ,Gillena's Friday Lunch Break  and also Chris' Where in the World challenge at Art Journal Journey

I made these pages to go into my Charleston (South Carolina) travel journal. You might remember I traveled there with a friend back in May.

These 3 pages are about my visit to Magnolia Gardens and the Audubon swamp located there. I shared a few photos from that visit in some earlier posts.

When I travel I like to pick up bits and pieces to create with. My friend that I traveled with is one of the few people (not including some of my blogosphere friends) who is also into collecting bits and pieces during a trip. One thing we both had fun doing that weekend  was collecting items. 😁

You can see  on this first page that I used the front of a brochure plus our ticket to get in the locked gate of the Audubon swamp. The ticket is only attached on the left, so you can actually pull it up to see the full image behind it.



The lady in these first 2 pages is from a collection of TH people images you can buy. I love how different sizes are included in the package, so I was able to use the same lady on both of these first 2 pages. I think she looks very Antebellum to fit the theme of those pages. And she makes a great face for Nicole's challenge this week.


I wish they had left the chair behind her though, as one of her arms looks  a little strange. But it is what it is. 

On this second page I used a bit of Spanish Moss that I picked up while walking, and I made the top piece of the page cutting out the border from  a tourist magazine. Then I used some other ephemera I had including a printed transparency as well as some printed images.

These guys have great faces too.


At Magnolia Plantation we saw A LOT of alligators, so I needed to make a page about them. I had picked up a gator postcard specifically for this book, but  when I got home I decided I didn't like the way the alligator looked. I have an old Technique Tuesday alligator and die cut set, and I really like these gators. I cut the top off the postcard to use as the title of my page. The info is from the tourist info booklet I picked up. The background is made with washi tape and some inked edges, and finally I stamped and die cut several happy gators. I gave them some details like the eyes and the teeth, and after they were glued down, I stamped the quotes which are from the same stamp set. 

You might remember some of the alligator photos I shared, especially this guy who walked out in front of me. 😨


Have a great Friday and start to your weekend.











18 comments:

Gillena Cox said...

Your gator looks like its walkibg with a purpose. Nice journal page.
Happy Friday. Thanks for linking to AFFF

Much💖love

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun way to use up your ephemera. I really like your alligator page. Those alligators are very cute. Gorgeous day today. I hope you get some time to enjoy it before more rain over the weekend.

Christine said...

Lovely work for the challenges! Scary alligator.

Divers and Sundry said...

Gators can be scary! I'm not looking forward to the day climate change brings them up the Mississippi River to Memphis.

Tom said...

...I will never be fond of alligators!!!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What cute and friendly looking alligators! Except for the real one, of course. Although even it DOES seem to be smiling a little bit.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love all of the journalpages. That#s such a great idea to make albums for each holiday, they will be great to look back on later in life. Hugs, Valerie
Scary alligator!

sirkkis said...

I agree Tom 😳 but the women on your book pages are beautiful as well as whole pages lovely 😊
Enjoy the weekend my friend 💚🌺

carol l mckenna said...

Great collage work ~ alligator is fun ~ at a distance ~ lol


Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

peppylady (Dora) said...

I don't know what it is. But alligator scares me.

Coffee is on, and stay safe.

Angie's Recipes said...

Those smiling alligators look almost too cute.

DVArtist said...

You always write up the best posts. I love the girl and how you created around here but I love the gator. Great photo. Have a very nice weekend.

Fundy Blue said...

Those alligators look deceptively friendly ~ lol! Have a fun weekend, Erika!

kathyinozarks said...

I loved seeing your pages I don't remember ever seeing an alligator in the wild Enjoy your weekend Hugs Kathy

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am very happy that the alligators didn’t have New Hampshire sandwiches on the menu that day, so you escaped with your skin intact! Hugs - David

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Erika. Hope your weekend is going well. It's always nice to have a collecting partner in crime, reminding each other and sharing the lookouting. I remember when we went to Europe, it and taking pics was all my job and while I got back with a lot of both, it was a while before I could go through it and by then forgot so much detail. So I know it's hard work, lol. Love the moss, hope it holds up over time. They never seem to dry up and fall off the trees that I've noticed, so maybe it will be preserved. And oh my, did he just appear in the gap between people? Wow, that's a bit too casual and "pedestrian" for my nerves, lol. Dang. XOX

Jeanie said...

What a fun collection for your travel journal. I love how you put all the pieces together.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Great memories and a really fabulous way of recording them. I am trying to get a travel journal ready for our next trip in September. Thanks so much Erika for sharing at AJJ and my theme, hugs, Chrisx