Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Second on the Second

 Hi everyone. Happy Wednesday, August 2 to you. 

As it's August second, it is time for  Second on the Second  over at Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's blog. This month I am showing you some old travel pages.

These pages are from a short  trip the hubby and I took with my sister-in-law and her husband to the Finger Lakes in Central New York State.  This trip was back in August of 2017. I used all the scraps I picked up to make a travel junk journal.


On this trip we did some wine tastings, as well  as some beer tastings and even a trip to a gin distillery. It's a good thing those tastings are just tastes. :)



We also went for a beautiful hike, visited a couple of museums, as well as visiting a couple of National Park Units. It was a very busy 3 days, but we had a lot of fun and laughed a lot.




I can't find my junk journal page post from when we visited the Corning Glass Museum which was huge, and it was one of the highlights of this mini-trip. It had some really wonderful glass creations. The Finger Lakes area was  a great little get-away.

To get to New York  from New Hampshire we had to travel through Vermont, so I made a page about that too.


I chose these second views because this month at Art Journal Journey Chris is hosting with a theme of Where in the World.  Although these (above) pages have been posted before and don't work for AJJ, here's a new page from my Charleston (South Carolina) travel journal that I haven't shown before. I am linking this page up to AJJ.


If you stop by my blog frequently, you might remember this was a fun weekend trip that I took with a good friend back in May.

This is a pretty simple page. I started with a full page spread from a travel magazine I picked up. These beautiful homes are along the waterfront, and I walked along this sidewalk. I used an old stamp set and stamped the girl on her bike. There were a lot of bikers down in this part of the city. Plus I like this lady. I colored her and cut around her and then added this image to my page. I also used a quote from the same set on the page. To finish off my page I added some washi tape along the bound edge, and punched out the holes to fit in my journal.


There you have it. I hope your August has started off well. 
And before I click post, thanks for visiting my blog too.


12 comments:

Tom said...

...some wonderful destinations.

CJ Kennedy said...

A fun way to remember a trip. A chilly start this morning, but looks like a beautiful day. (though it could be 10 degrees warmer)

Mae Travels said...

Nice collections of “junk” — I used to keep things like that, but I never knew what to do with it, and finally just recycled all those old maps and brochures. No regrets… yet.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Angie's Recipes said...

A great way to document the life journey!

Valerie-Jael said...

So many wonderful pages, Erika. It's a great idea to document your travels, and they will be good to look back with in future times. Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Good memories!

Jeanie said...

I know I'm redundant when I tell you how much I always enjoy your very clever travel journals!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

It’s a wonderful journal, Erika, and a marvellous way to collate memories You mention the wine/liquor tasting and say that it’s a good thing that only tasting is involved, but those little shots can add up, and even though one might feel fine it would be easy to exceed the limit on a breathalyzer reading, especially here in Ontario where the tolerance is quite low. Before COVID, the alumni association of one of the local universities used to organize a bus tour to the Niagara Peninsular with stops at several wineries, so we could taste away without moderation! Lunch at Niagara-on-the-Lake was part of the package as was dinner at the last winery in the schedule. We always returned home very satisfied, with lots of wine, and I regret that they haven’t started up again.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your junk journal - I am just completing one that I am making even though I have a travel journal too. I love the Charleston page, thanks so much for this fabulous addition at AJJ for my theme. Hugs, Chrisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love your second look. I DO remember this, and I also remember the Corning Glass museum and visit. Thanks for sharing this wonderful second look because it brought back memories for me, too.

Aren't YOU clever!! Gotta love your latest entry for Chris's theme at AJJ. It is a fun page and very well done, too. Thanks for sharing both your second look and your new entry at AJJ, too. You are going to rock this month's theme, dear Erika.


Iris Flavia said...

Great idea to collect memories, I love it! Mine are just in a box... But then I have little space. OK, I´m lazy and not that creative ;-)
Have a great day full of memories, hugs

Aimeslee Winans said...

A great travel journal and pages. Enjoy your cooler weather! XOX