Tuesday, March 19, 2024

A Song on a Spring Day

 Hi everyone.

     This is a scheduled post as I am away on a girlfriend adventure.  I'll be home Friday night, and like the rest of my journey, time is flying by too fast. 😏

     It's time for a new challenge at Try It On Tuesday. Before I get to that, let me thank Anke for being our guest designer for our last spring-themed challenge. Also thank you to everyone who joined in.

And for our new challenge, this time we're asking you to

USE A STENCIL

     The design team has some wonderful ideas, so be sure to check out their art. For my piece I made a journal page. I  used some blue paint and a music stencil to make the background.


I also used a bit of blue spray ink on the background too.

     The flower ( from a large AALL & Create stamp) was stamped on white paper. I then cut out the flower from the rest of the image. I glued it down on my page and colored it with water color paints, paint pens, and a couple of markers. I also added 3 small heart stickers that I used a paint pen to color over.

    The leaves, the dragon fly and the watering can are all die cuts. I used markers and paint pens to color them in. I also used a bit of a glitter pen on the dragonfly to create the iridescent effect. 

    I drew and painted in the arm holding the watering can, and I used a marker and blue watercolor paint to make the water coming out of the can.  Finally I added a sticker quote from an Art By Marlene set.



As always, our Try It On Tuesday challenge runs for the next 2 weeks, and we accept all types of art.

I hope you're feeling like playing with a stencil, and we get to see your art linked into our challenge. 
Thanks for stopping by my blog.


20 comments:

Tom said...

...happy spring. there are snow flurries outside my window.

CJ Kennedy said...

I really like the music background of your page. The Vernal Equinox may be tonight, but it sure feels like Winter outside. Enjoy your girlfriend adventure

Angie's Recipes said...

You don't need a plan, just go with it...I love that!

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning and happy spring! although are you a day ahead now in Greece? like Europe.
Beautiful page great theme too
Happy Tuesday Kathy

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful art journal page.

Christine said...

Lovely page Erika, enjoy your trip.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your page is beautiful and springlike. Enjoy your girl tour, have fun! Hugs, Valerie

*Vicki* said...

This is everything Spring to me! I love the addition of the musical note background too! flowers are just now starting to pop up over my way and I really look forward to seeing them! Hope you're having a great time and safe travels!

Viv said...

A great page Erika - the little watering can is perfect!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Spring is here. No question about it. Got up to 65 in North Idaho.

Meggymay said...

A fantastic music stencil and page Erika, I liked how you used the watering can as well. Hope you are having a good trip.
Yvonne

Iris Flavia said...

Lovely Spring-page!!! Cleverly done, too.
Hope you enjoy your holiday BIG :-) Hugs

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Lovely page, Erika! The music background looks wonderful. Have a great trip!

-Soma

Jeanie said...

A delightfully springy page! I hope you're having a fabulous time!

Lowcarb team member said...

It's a lovely page.
Hope you are enjoying your trip.

All the best Jan

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous page Erika, lovely spring colours!
I hope you're having a lovely time with your friends.
Alison

Aimeslee Winans said...

Very Spring-y, love pink with blues. XOX

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Once again, I am in awe of your skills!

Neet said...

A lovely page, I do like how you used music in the background for that beautiful large flower. I am sure I have that A&C stamp myself so need to check and get it used.
Hugs, Neet xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a gorgeous page! Loving the flower against your beautifully stencilled background - perfect😊. Sorry that I'm so late, I was in Venice when the post went live and with being away from the hotel all day I forgot to pop by. Hugs, Jo x