Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Spring!

Hi everyone. It is another Tuesday and another start of a new challenge at  Try It On Tuesday .

First let me thank Silke for hosting our Spotlight Challenge, and also let me thank everyone who joined in. 
Our new challenge is one that speaks to the upcoming season for everyone who lives north of the equator. This time our theme is

SPRING


I made a blossom filled page  that used a lot of stamping and watercolor paints and pencils.

I started by taking some watercolor pencils and making some "spots" on my blank journal page. Then used a wet brush and spread out the colors so I had various colors around my background. I then used an ancient Technique Tuesday cherry blossom stamp and stamped it multiple times around my background. A few spots didn't stamp very dark so I even over-stamped some of those images.

I used watercolor paints, a marker, and a white pen to  color in the background flowers. I also stamped one branch of flowers on some white paper. I used the same supplies to color them in, and then I fussy cut them.  I used a die to die cut the black oval in the center of my page. I stamped the quote on it with white pigment ink. Then I stamped the bunny on white paper and fussy cut that out. I added that and my single branch of cherry blossoms around the base of my die cut. Finally I stamped some tiny butterflies and colored them in.

Our spring challenge runs for the next 2 weeks, and if you don't know, Technique Tuesday accepts all types of art. And don't forget to check out all the fun spring ideas from the design team members also.

I am also linking my page up to Chris' challenge at Art Journal Journey. This month Chris' challenge is  On All Fours, and she asks for 4 legged animals.   Just a reminder that at Art Journal Journey only journaling is accepted. Please no cards, tags, or other art forms.

I look forward to seeing everyone's spring inspired art. 




 

22 comments:

craftytrog said...

I love this beautiful Spring page Erika. Gorgeous blooms and the rabbit is so sweet.
Hugs,
Alison

Angie's Recipes said...

I love this happy looking spring page. The cherry blossoms are so lovely.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Even though the calendar says that Spring is a couple of weeks away, it has arrived on your post, Erika. Yes, I noticed the left justified paragraphs and my eyes 👀thanked you this morning.😀

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! It looks like we had the same idea with pink blossoms filling the page and your little bunny rabbit is super cute too 😊. Take care and Happy February ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

Let's Art Journal said...

Of course, I'm a month behind, I meant to say Happy March ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

Tom said...

...spring has arrived early, enjoy your day.

Christine said...

Lovely spring page! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous piece, hugs, Valerie

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow what a beautiful page! I love the flowers and the sweet little bunny is perfect sitting there amongst them! I can't wait to see those flowers soon while I'm getting rid of dust bunnies inside! LOL

MELODY JACOB said...

Thank you for sharing your creative process and for mentioning the spring challenge at Technique Tuesday.

CJ Kennedy said...

Welcome Spring! Just not this week. Stay warm and dry

Joan said...

A lovely page Erika, love your chery blossom flowers and that cute bunny !


Joan x

Joan said...

Lovely page, love the pink cherry blossom and the cute bunny

Joan x

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is a wonderful page Erika! The cherry blossom is a perfect place for the little bunny to enjoy Spring! Thanks for linking to AJJ and my theme. Hugs, Chrisx

Iris Flavia said...

My friend Grace (who hates summer here in Perth) just happily said,"we run into Autumn now!" which means.... we fly to Spring - love your promising page!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Sure looks springlike to me. And it is here, whatever the calendar says. It was fifteen degrees here yesterday and seventeen the day before. Crazy! All the best - David

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your blossom filled page :)

All the best Jan

Meggymay said...

Beautiful spring flowers and colours Erika, I love this page you created.
I've also enjoyed a super visit to read your posts and see the art and photos you have added since my last visit.
Hope all is well with you.
Yvonne x

Neet said...

I do like the contrast between the pencil drawn rabbit and the coloured spring like flowers.
We have one or two spring flowers in our garden and it was heartening to see the roadside planted with daffodils as we drove to the clinic the other day.
Hugs, Neet xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am running so far behind, but trying to catch up. I especially love the bunny. It speaks to me and is definitely a four legged animal.

You mentioned that the bugs in Fresh were six legged. I thought the top two were arms. Guess that was my bad, since they didn't look like legs to me.

Mrs.B said...

A lovely Spring page Erika, love the shades of pink blossoms and that little bunny sitting amongst them looks so cute.
Avril xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

This screams Spring with the colorful blossoms, almost didn't see the cute bunny, xoxo