Monday, March 11, 2024

T Stands for Last Week and Signs of Spring

 Hi everyone. And hello to all of the ladies stopping by for T this week also. 👋

     Our weather here has definitely gotten spring-like.  Well, New Hampshire spring-like. I don't have any spring bulbs popping up yet, but the snow is all gone, the mud is slightly drying out, and temperatures have been above 40 degrees F (4.4 degrees C) most days. It's exciting to see spring arrive so early because I'm someone who has had it with winter by March. 

     But since March and April aren't over yet, I'm not holding my breath the snow is over for the year yet either. But I'm hoping. 😏

    Last week I went for a couple of beach walks. One day it was cloudy and cold on the beach, the other day it was sunny and beautiful.


As soon as I let Miss Maddie off leash (the beach was empty as you can probably see in the photo), she went running for the water, and Mr. Pete followed along.


This rock exposed at low tide was covered with  rock-weed. It's not the prettiest of algae, but I thought it made an interesting texture in my photo.




For my birthday last Monday I went out for soup and an ice cream sundae with a couple of girlfriends. 


    My friends told our waitress I needed more than 6 cherries on my sundae. I had to explain to the waitress how the last time (back last summer) when I had a sundae at this restaurant, my husband had moaned how bad his day was going. The waitress had given him 6 cherries and only given me 1. This time we had a good laugh when our waitress returned and announced she had to beat the 6 and that she had given me 9 cherries. The photo shows 8 of them since one had slipped down on the side out of view. I think since she got a bit carried away with the cherries that she skimped a bit on the walnuts, but oh well. 😏

    Another day last week  I was at Target and found these plain wooden eggs in the dollar section. I decided to get some to decorate.


       At first I painted them, and then I decorated them. The tape (in this next photo) is not part of the decoration. I was using it so I could paint part of the egg a different color and have a more or less straight and distinct line between the 2 colors.


     I'm including this photo (above) as it is my ticket for T this week over at Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's blog. Some days for lunch I have a  protein shake.  Although I don't drink hot coffee, I love coffee flavoring. That's a coffee protein shake with a bit of ice in my glass. 

I haven't quite finished decorating the eggs, but once they are done, I will share them.

     One spring thing that hasn't happened in my area yet is ice out. There was hardly  any ice this winter.  Ice in was not until February, which is very very late. But as of this past weekend there was still some hanging on in all the lakes. We walked into my mother-in-law's home this past Saturday, and that's where I took this photo. 


    It's unusual for there to be open water at this time in March. Usually ice out is usually sometime in April, so this year it will be early, and probably it will even happen this week  with the wind wind or more warm weather in the forecast.

That's all for me this week.

    I will be missing T next week  since I'm heading out on a 10 day long planned and twice a postponed trip to Greece with a couple of girlfriends. This is our "retirement celebration" trip that took a while to happen between COVID and a few other life events.   I am sure I will have lots of stories  when I get back home.

   "See" you later this month. Have a great T day and the next couple of weeks.

21 comments:

Christine said...

It looks like spring there, nice!

Tom said...

...happy belated 29th Birthday!

Jamie Ghione said...

That sundae looks good with all the cherries on top!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'll take cherries over walnuts any day! Looks delicious.

Spring may well be on its way in your world, Erika. The beach shots look cold to me, but the dogs seem to like it.

I think these eggs are going to be beautiful once you finish them. They are very Easter oriented and NOT plastic!!! I've never had a protein shake, much less one that is coffee flavored. It sounds delicious.

Greece? How awesome. Sounds like an amazing trip for you and your friends. Thanks for sharing your days at the beach, your eggs, and your shake with us for T this week, dear Erika.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Look like Maddie enjoying her day.

DVArtist said...

First happy belated birthday. I really like the cherries. Think I will put them on my grocery list. Great beach photos. Wish we could go to the beach. Fantastic find of the wooden eggs. I know you will make them beautiful. Ohhhhh a trip to Greece. I know I don't have to remind you but you better take lots of photos for us. Have the best time ever.

kathyinozarks said...

What a fun post Erika, and I think it is so awesome you have a beach nearby. back in the '70s I lived on Wrightsville Beach in NC loved the ocean being right there-that was the last time I saw the ocean.
Your eggs look like a fun project, and Wow enjoy Greece with your friends-sounds amazing! hugs Kathy

Mae Travels said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip to Greece.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Carola Bartz said...

Your eggs look good so far, Erika! I haven't been at Target since my daughter's visit last year in February, but this is something I might have picked up as well. I have one egg-shaped wooden piece that I use when I mend socks. Have a wonderful time in Greece! Happy T day, hugs - Carola

Sharon Madson said...

I want that sundae! Looks so yummy. At first, before I read they were wooden eggs, I thought those were the largest eggs, ever! I wonder if our target has those. I will have to look. Happy T Day.

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you for checking for scared people before letting the dogs roam free - wish everyone would be so thoughtful!
The beach looks wonderful!
(Happy belated Birthday, if I hadn´t said so already) - those cherries look like the ones we put on Toast Hawaii!
To Spring and ... To retirement celebration!!! Have fun in Greece!!! Happy T-Day, hugs

Angie's Recipes said...

The beach view is amazing! Bet Mr.Pete and Maddie had a blast there. Wish you some fun in Greece!

Hels said...

Do waitresses always give male customers a better deal than they give to the wives? At least the waitress did better the second time :)

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I think the algae on the shore looks terrific actually. I would love to tease it apart and see what lifeforms are lurking in there. Have a great time in Greece. Drink Ouzo, eat olives and feta cheese and all will be well. Best wishes - David

Jeanie said...

First of all, happy belated birthday! I love the cherry story -- a sundae is the best and the cherry is the best part! I love the algae photo. And I can't wait to see your finished eggs. I'm dying to craft and can't really do anything till I finish my other stuff, but tht would be a fun one!

Happy trip. You must be getting super excited!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That was a lot of cherries, Erika, and I too would have gone for more walnuts as I usually the cherries, but Patrick really likes them! Your upcoming trip sounds like it will be a wonderful adventure shafred with friends.

Aimeslee Winans said...

I got some of those wooden eggs at Hobby Lobby a few years back, they were a pain to paint.I ended up resting each one in a jigger glass and painting half at a time. Glad you are getting aclimated to warmer weather before your Greece trip, as it should be even a bit warmer there. Have a great time and stay safe, xoxo

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you had a good time at the beach wit your 2 cuties. Lots of cherries is also a great idea, yummy! ave fun, show the eggs when they are done and happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Lisca said...

For one funny moment I thought that was your house, lol.
Lovely beach photos. The seaweed looks familiar to me. I spent a lot of my childhood in St Ives, Cornwall and it was everywhere. Don’t know what it’s called.
How wonderful that you are going to Greece! Have a lovely time and I shall look forward to seeing the photos.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Lowcarb team member said...

Have a wonderful trip to Greece.

All the best Jan

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wonderful photos, especially the beach!