Saturday, March 2, 2024

Second on the Second

Hi everyone. Happy weekend to you. 
It's March 2. I hope everyone had a lovely start to the new month. 

My daughter and her husband are here for a short visit, and sometime this weekend my husband and I are also talking about going to visit his mother over in Maine. I'm not certain whether that visit to Maine will actually happen this weekend or wait until next weekend. A lot depends on how long my other visitors are at the house and what else my husband wants to accomplish this weekend.

Because being March 2, it is time for  Second on the Second over at  Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's blog.  All you need to do to join is show something you've already posted in the past. 
 My 2 pieces of art today go back to March of 2020.

This first journal page was speaking to me because by March I am actually craving the color green. Obviously not to eat, but I want to see it.  This page has a bit of green in the grey/brown world just like it is at my house in early March. Although sadly we don't have any outside green yet, just a lot of grey and brown.


Plus this little green men piece makes me smile. The original post is here: The Good and The Bad of Working at Home.

And this tag was speaking to me also. Here's the original post: Just Some Chatter.
Bunnies always make me think of spring and Easter, both which are happening this March.

And although tags are NOT allowed at Art Journal Journey, Chris’ theme this month is about 4 legged animals. Bunnies are perfect examples!


I am also linking this post up (tomorrow) to Gillena's Sunday Smiles.

That's all for me today. It's a little busy around my house this morning. I hope you have a great weekend.

 

18 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

We are looking for green too. Temperatures continue to be unseasonably high and it seems logical to expect that little green shoots will soon be poking above the soil. Yesterday it was 8 degrees here with bright sun - perfect for spring ephemerals. All the best - David

Angie's Recipes - Taste of Home said...

wow the pages are different and so beautiful. Love the little green man.

kathyinozarks said...

Happy weekend Happy second on the second

Tom said...

...and kermit said it's hard being green.

Christine said...

Bunny is perfect for March! Enjoy time with your daughter

The Happy Whisk said...

Very cool on the family visits.
I love the little green guy.
Too stinkin' cute.

DVArtist said...

Nice you can have your daughter and SIL visit. I wish I could, they live on the other side of the country so visits don't happen very often. I do like your second on second too. Have a nice day today.

Valerie-Jael said...

Green is a wonderful colour. Lot of trees are budding here, so nice. Love your old piece and the fun tag, some little green men might brighten the world up a bit! Hugs, Valerie

peppylady (Dora) said...

I'm sure the little green people are friendly.

Iris Flavia said...

Not kidding, Ingo gave me a green peppermint ice-cream, whilst I read this! To a great Sunday, hugs

CJ Kennedy said...

Eating green made me think of McDonald's green shakes for St. Patrick's Day. Do they still have them? I love your Little Green Alien. We are currently watching Resident Alien which is absolutely hysterical. Try to stay dry this week. At least there will be time to play art.

Neet said...

As I sit here in my recliner looking through the patio windows I see lots of green. Our back lawn and the trees that circle the property. Most are evergreen but the others are awaiting Spring which is not too far away, buds are almost forming.
I love your little green man, has he arrived in time to rescue the dark world and turn it green once more?
Great tag, surely you could put it on a journal page and it would count for AJJ?
Hugs Neet xx

Neet said...

I don't know what happened to my earlier comment. As I look out of my patio windows everything is green the lawn, the bushes and the trees are ready to begin bursting their buds.
I love the green man on your page - his eyes are so piercing as he looks around him.
The tag is also very nice with its many postmarks and envelopes. could you not have used that on a page for the theme in AJJ at some time?
Hugs, Neet xx

Gillena Cox said...

Happy to hear you have guests. Its always nice to have family visit.
Thanks for linking to SundaySmiles today.

Much♡love

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I like the alien art!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My internet has created a glitch, so I am running late visiting. I love the little green man because it reminds me of those "alien" and scary rocks from a previous entry last week. And of course, I adore that bunny rabbit from behind. Cute and clever. Thanks for sharing this adorable entry as your second look on the 2nd, dear friend. Yes, I remember both entries.

Lowcarb team member said...

Enjoy time with your daughter and SIL.
Love your alien art.

All the best Jan

Jeanie said...

I think we all crave green when it finally gets to March! I hope the weekend with your daughter was fun and the trip to Maine too, if you went. Happy week!