Sunday, March 10, 2024

Pretty in Pink

Hi everyone. I hope you're having a great weekend. Mine right now is is wet and dark, but with the clock change, at least I could sleep in that extra hour. 😏

My page today is for Chris' challenge at Art Journal Journey . This month the theme, On All Fours,  is all about 4 legged animals .


    I started by rubbing some ink pads on my page. Then I used a stencil and some pink paint to make the big dots. 

   That cute pig is cut out of an old greeting card that I found recently while doing some cleaning. She was too cute to get rid of, so I chopped her out of the background and glued her down on my page. For some reason I felt she would be sitting in a flower patch, so I die cut some flowers from pink and burgundy textured paper and added them to my page. 

   I couldn't find a quote (that I liked) to stamp, but I did think about how my page has a lot of pink on it, and so I used some letter stickers and made the quote I added to the page. But I think pink is perfect, especially for a page about a piggy. 

   That's all for me today.  I am also linking this page up to Gillena's Sunday Smiles. Have a great rest of your weekend!





19 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Such a cute page!

Jamie Ghione said...

I like pink stuff.

Tom said...

...your pink snout pig certainly is in the pink.

CJ Kennedy said...

Very cute. Whenever I see a pig, I think it should have wings. 😸

DVArtist said...

Ohhhh I love this pig. The colors are fabulous!! Have a nice day.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your pink nosed pig is adorable. She is definitely a cutie. Love the background, topo.

I could use those pink flowers you die cut. I wanted some flowers and used a silk flower on temporary glue dots. The flower was too "fat" for the page AND the scanner, so it had to go. Now I have nothing. This is inspiring, though.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I forgot to thank you for sharing it with us at AJJ using Chris's theme (DUH).

Gillena Cox said...

OMG that pink pages is soooo cute
Thanks for linkint to SundaySmiles

Much♡love

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your happy looking, pink piggy! Gorgeous. Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Love this cutie haha! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Love this cutie haha! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

She is very cute and thanks again for explaining how she was created!
I had a pink phase once, I drove people nuts, LOL.
Even my bike was pink.
Which is funny in a not so nice way. As teenager I was teased and called pig because of my nose. Maybe that phase was healing, so I really love your work! Hugs!

R's Rue said...

So pretty.

*Vicki* said...

Oh my word this piggy makes me smile! I love how content he is among those pretty pink flowers! Fabulous background and a lovely page! Have a lovely day!

MELODY JACOB said...

It sounds like you had a creative and enjoyable crafting session! Using ink pads, stencils, and paint to create the background adds depth and texture to your page. Repurposing the cute pig from an old greeting card was a clever idea, and placing her in a flower patch adds a charming touch to the composition. The quote you created using letter stickers ties everything together nicely, and the pink theme suits the theme of the page perfectly. Thanks for sharing your creative process, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

https://www.melodyjacob.com/2024/03/quiz-clothing-stone-ribbed-long-sleeve-bodysuit-your-perfect-everyday-top.html

craftytrog said...

I love this pink page Erika, and that piggy is adorable!

Aimeslee Winans said...

This is a perfect pink pig page and it makes me smile. That pig is much too cute to leave on a greeting card, xoxo

pearshapedcrafting said...

You are right - pink is perfect for your happy pig! Thanks for another brilliant page for my theme Thank you, hugs, Chrisx

Neet said...

I could only think of "happy as a pig in muck" but it isw hardly that is it? Your pig is coming up smelling of roses, or at least flowers. And what gorgeous flowers they are. It's a beautiful pink page and a beautiful pig too.
Great entry for AJJ.
Hugs, Neet xx