Friday, March 1, 2024

Going to the Dogs

Hi everyone. Happy March 1 to you.
 
It's time for a new challenge at Art Journal Journey  Already!  I was just getting rolling with February's light challenge and now I need to change gears-grin. Perhaps the dog's face in the top left hand corner of my latest page would be a great expression for that sentiment-ha ha ha.😌

But seriously, happy March everyone. I am actually quite ready for it to be spring.

Before I introduce our new challenge over at Art Journal Journey let me once again thank Vicki for hosting last month, and let me also once again thank everyone who joined in. February was a great art month, and light was a super topic!

This  month I want to welcome one of my co-administrators and blog friends as our AJJ host. For March the very talented Chris is hosting.  You probably know from her blog pearshapedcrafting. Chris' topic is

On All Fours


Since Chris wrote that her theme is all about 4 legged animals, I couldn't resist celebrating one of my 4 legged family members, Miss Maddie.  You can see her several times  in the big heart on my page.

Maddie goes to doggie daycare a couple of days a week. When I was working we sent her because she does not like to be left, even if our other dog Pete is home with her. She likes doggie daycare so much that even though I am now retired she still goes a couple of days a week.  

Every Christmas Maddie's doggie day care always gives their "clients" a calendar with lots of photos that one of the owners, Jess Sweat, takes over the course of the year.  To make my page, I cut out a bunch of photos from the 2023 calendar and collaged them.  I die cut the heart, the bone and the dog paw. I stamped the title and the small quote. Jess and her mom run a fantastic place with no leashes or kennels, and Maddie is lucky to be a member of their pup family. 

I probably am amiss in making this post about Maddie, because today it is my other canine's birthday. (Or at least it is the day we picked as his birthday.) Mr. Pete turns 10 today. 


Mr. Pete doesn't  go to doggie daycare because he was too possessive of Maddie. His happy space is definitely at home, even if he's there all alone.

And I would also be amiss if I didn't mention the dreaded Art Journal Journey rules. We accept any kind of art journaling, but please, NO TAG, ATCS, CARDS, etc.  However, we would love to see your art journaling, whatever your journaling preference is.
I hope you're as excited about Chris' challenge as I am., and I'm excited to see a plethora of zoological specimens this month. 

And since it is Friday, and since there are a lot of faces in my post today, I am also linking up to Nicole's    Friday Face Off and Gillena's  Friday Lunch Break .

Have a great start to your weekend.

16 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Yes, this page definitely is going to the dogs. What a lovely way to share Chris's theme. It's a fabulous entry and I love how Maddie is in the heart, where she belongs. Happy birthday to Pete, too. I know we are both going to love Chris's theme this month. A great way to recycle that old calendar.

Tom said...

...I guess so!

sirkkis said...

WOW, what a great dog kennel - all in the same family group πŸ‘ and Maddie as a boss πŸ˜„
Have a happy MarchπŸŒ±πŸΆπŸ•πŸŒž

Christine said...

Happy March! Lovely page

Gillena Cox said...

Nice one. Love the bone at the top of the heart 😊😊😊such a fun page
Happy you linked to Art For Fun Friday

Much♡love

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Happy dogs!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Erika, what a fantastic page! The doggie daycare place sounds fabulous and what a great idea to print their own calendar. I love that Maddie is featured inside the heart. It's a brilliant start to my theme! Happy Birthday to Pete! Hugs, Chrisx

Jeanie said...

What a great idea for the day care place to do for the owners. I love that! I think it's funny that Pete and Maddie don't both go! Makes sense -- but for whatever reason, amuses me!

Valerie-Jael said...

LOVE your gorgeous dog collage, reall fabulous. And your Mr Pete is beautiful, happy birthday! Happy weekend, hugs, Valerie

*Vicki* said...

Oh my goodness those dog photos are so adorable and how to look at! I think both Miss Maddie and Mr. Pete are very sweet and a huge wagging hug to Mr. Pete turning 10! I think the large heart frame around the pups sums up how much they mean to us humans! Very nice page and a lovely theme this month! Have a beautiful weekend!

DVArtist said...

OMGosh!!! I so love this post. All fours is just perfect. I don't know if it is Maddie or Mr.Pete. But what a beauty. Thank you for joining FFO and have a very nice day.

Iris Flavia said...

4 legs are good (I am done with 8 for sure!;-)...)
Cute idea with the calendar!!!
To Pete!! Hugs

Fundy Blue said...

I dearly love dogs, Erika, so I thoroughly enjoyed this post!

Aimeslee Winans said...

A very cool page, dogonit! {grin}
And happy birthday to Mr. Pete.
It's a festive family weekend for you as well, enjoy!
XOX

Neet said...

First of all Happy Birthday to Mr Pete. Ten years old and looking good.
As for Miss Madie, she is now in your journal with all her playmates from doggie day care which she obviously enjoys. A nice reminder of happy days with like mined doggies.
Hugs, Neet xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great photos of both of them.