Friday, August 2, 2024

Second on the Second And Friday Face Off

     Happy Friday once again!  It’s August second so I’m posting some second looks for Second On The Second over at Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's blog.  Since I’m also linking up to Nicole’s  Friday Face Off these journal pages have faces. And lastly but not leastly  I am also linking up to Gillena’s  Friday Lunch Break  .

      My pages are a scattering of pieces from August  of  2021, 2020 and 2019. I picked pages with an overall “wild” theme since yesterday we started a new challenge at Art Journal Journey hosted by Jo called Wonderfully Wild. I'm sure no one needs inspiration, but you never know what might tickle an creative idea.

     For this first page I thinking of wild sunflowers.


And ha ha to this wild lady 🤪


There’s no explanation needed for the next few. 




These last couple of pages are from a trip journal I made about my husband's and my summer vacation in 2019. We had visited  parts of Minnesota, North Dakota and also the Black Hills of South Dakota. 



That’s all for me today. Have a great rest of your week and  hope it’s a nice weekend ahead. 

18 comments:

sirkkis said...

You have been busy, my friend !
I like all of your fun and well done pages :))
Happy August to you and yours xx

Tom said...

...Amen sister, find beauty in the ordinasry!

Gene Black said...

Nice work. I love the mushrooms, and the owls under the stars.

Angie's Recipes said...

So many fun pages today! I love that wild lady :-) My favourite is the one with all the stars.

Jeanie said...

Thanks for the memories, Erika (though to be honest -- I don't remember them so extra thanks!)

Christine said...

Lovely pages

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What fantastic second looks, Erika. I especially love the road trip, the stars, and finding beauty in the ordinary. These are all great looks back and I am delighted you shared them with is as your second look on the 2nd, dear friend.

carol l mckenna said...

Creative and fun art collages and great messages ~ hugs,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
clm ~ A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Divers and Sundry said...

Sweet! I especially like the find beauty in the ordinary one and the one with owls.

Katerinas Blog said...

Perfect creations, you put denim to good use! I definitely like the first one more than all of them!

Gillena Cox said...

OMG!! Fabulous journal pages.
Erika thanks for linking to AFFF

much♡love

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous pieces, the second one could be a photos of me! Happy Friday, take care, hugs!

Carola Bartz said...

Beautiful pages as usual, Erika. My favorite is the owl and moon spread, and the sharks make me laugh. What a great idea! Did you enjoy North and South Dakota when you went there? We went there in 2008 and really liked Badlands NP. Did you go there? Custer State Park was beautiful as well - so many bison! Have a lovely weekend, hugs - Carola

Kym Decker said...

All your art pieces are amazing! Love the quote in the first one! Very creative!

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you for all the smiles, this is a wonderful series of art!!!! hugs - to a great Weekend.

DVArtist said...

All of these pages are fabulous. I really like the second one. Thank you for joining FFO.

Aimeslee Winans said...

The shark page is my fave! xoxo

*Vicki* said...

Oh my goodness so many lovely pages! I like how each one is so different from the other too! You've been so busy happily creating and I love it! Thanks for sharing all of these!