Friday, August 30, 2024

Fun Faces

 Hi everyone. We are in the final countdown of the month  of August and of meteorological summer. Ouch! I hate to say that, even though fall is a favorite time of year for me. It's just what comes after autumn here where I live in New Hampshire that tempers the idea of fall a bit. 

Today for Nicole's Friday Face Off and Gillena's Friday Lunch Break I have some photos to share from a visit last week to my local botanical garden-Bedrock Gardens.

Let me start with some faces. This first one is a living face ( and a bit small),


and these next ones are obviously not alive.




This one is for Iris.





Hope you  like them.
Have a super Friday and weekend ahead. And if you're in the US or Canada, have a great Labor/Labour Day long weekend too.



15 comments:

Tom said...

...let's face it, summer is drawing to an end!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am curious about the butterfly in the first picture, Erika. It is a Zabulon Skipper. Was the picture taken in New Hampshire? It would be exceedingly rare in your area, and might warrant reporting to appropriate organizations. Here in Ontario it is found only in the Carolinian Zone in the southernmost regions of the province, and sparingly even then. All the best - David

Jamie Ghione said...

Very intriguing sculptures.

Christine said...

Wonderful photos!

sirkkis said...

Super faces ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
Super weekend to you ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ’

DVArtist said...

Ohhh these are fabulous! The last 3 just crack me up. Thank you for joining FFO and have a great weekend.

Rostrose said...

Dear Erika, even small or artificial faces are faces ๐Ÿ˜Š
My favorite face is that of the butterfly - especially if it is something as special in your region as David says.
Yes, I'm still enjoying the Tomorrow x3 book. I even like it more and more. (I'm a bit over halfway through now.)
All the best, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/08/kelten-katzen-und-mehr-sommer.html
PS: In case you've forgotten: I found your link at Gillena's Lunch Break, but not yet at FFO...

carol l mckenna said...

Great series of faces ~ unique photos ~ thanks,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days ~
clm ~ A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Lowcarb team member said...

I did enjoy your faces, a lovely selection.
Enjoy your weekend.

All the best Jan

Gillena Cox said...

Some fantastic faces Erika.
Thanks for linking to Art For Fun Friday

much♡love

Iris Flavia said...

Fun faces and Henry says hi! Hugs

Granny Annie said...

Very nice

Jeanie said...

what a fun collection of faces!

Divers and Sundry said...

What a fascinating collection of garden ornaments!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Happy Labor Day weekend, xoxo