Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Wednesday Art

      Hi everyone. Happy middle of the week to you. When I scheduled this post the other day I noticed the date was August 14th. Is it really almost the middle the month already? Every month goes fast, but this one is REALLY going fast. Only 3 weeks(5 days)  left working at the lake too.

     Today I have some art for a few challenges. I'll start with a fun page for Jo's Wonderfully Wild challenge at Art Journal Journey. I am also going to also link up to  Creative Artiste Mixed Media challenge blog and this month's challenge # 107. The theme at Creative Artiste is always Anything Goes.  

  Don't you just love this alligator image?


     This Gator guy is from a newer stamp set by Pink Ink Designs. It's not often I have to have a new stamp set, but I couldn't resist this one.  I think it's that face. He looks so serious and yet pretty silly too. 😏I stamped him on  paper and used green watercolor paint to color him in. Then I used some markers and paint pens to color in the details. After that I outlined his body to make that stand out more and sort of fussy cut him out. 

     This page is made in my nature themed journal, which is actually a Dina Wakely journal. Every so often there is page made of denim, which makes an interesting work surface. You can see I used some paints on the background as I was trying to give it a shabby watery look. 

      I used a glitter pen and also some crafting gemstones on the cake sparkler.  The quotes are all from an old Technique Tuesday set. 

       I also have a tag  today for Sandie's Vintage challenge at  Tag Tuesday.


     I dug out this ancient cube rubber stamp that had these pairs of vintage shoes on it. I really like the details in these images.  I used those as well as an vintage postage mark on a brown inked background. Then I stamped this TH face image. She had a small flower in the front of her hair, so I colored it to match the blooms I added on the left. Otherwise I left her face black and white as the background is such a strong color that I wanted her to stand out.  To finish I added the quote. 

    That's all for me today. Enjoy your day!

     






16 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, the croc is so cute! Such a sweet page.
I have a croc-mama from IKEA on our swing, she has her baby in her mouth and hence a bit "mumbling" says hi!
Oh, since I got "old" I wear but sneakers mainly...
And yes, time runs, so sad!
Have a great Wednesday and enjoy every minute, hugs

Tom said...

...see you later alligator, in a while crocodile!

Christine said...

Lovely and fun art Erika!

Angie's Recipes said...

The green crocodile looks really tamed and beautiful.

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page, love that sweet hator, and the green looks great on the denim. Wonderful tag for Sandie. Don't wonder if I'm not around the rest of the week, I have got pneumonia, don't ask me how when it is so hot here! Hugs, Valerie

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh that alligator is super cute and I love your background with him! The colors are perfect and I love that you've layered on top of the denim page! Very cool! Your tag is so lovely with the Vintage themed images! Thank you for the inspiring projects my friend!

Neet said...

Just love your croc! Yes, it's his goofy face that does it, he is wonderful with the way his teeth show. That is a great way that you have used him, good thinking behind this one for sure. Super impressed that you did this on a denim page - I have been avoiding using mine, too scared.
Hugs, Neet xx

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fabulous Gator! I love your new stamp set, he is super and fun. The denium background is perfect too with the paints you added, you definitely created a shabby watery look - amazing 😊. Thanks so much for joining Art Journal Journey and inspiring us! Hugs, Jo x

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Erika, you asked if I enjoyed the Lost Van Gogh and because so much time had passed when I first started it, then decided to go back I returned it and will be starting a new read this weekend, Everyone on This Train is a Suspect.

pinky said...

Definitely love your alligator lol, made me smile instantly. Your tag is excellent, loving the shoes! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky

Fiona said...

When we lived in Houston one of these creatures nearly ate my dog - he wasn't nearly as cute as yours though lol! I love the background you made for him. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media

Sandra Wright. said...

A wonderful tag, love that lady, she really stands out. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Tag Tuesday.

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous tag, and I love the alligator!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Erika. Sorry I'm so late, catching up. I love how you combined the gator with the TT sentiments and also love how you used the paints on the denim. It all works together really well! And your tag is vintage vintage for sure, is that one of your telephone/address sheets you removed a while back? I remember they had tabs on the side. Hope your weather is nice! xoxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't believe I missed this. Love the alligator and how you positioned him on the denim background. It;s perfect for Jo's theme at AJJ, too.

What an adorable and romantic vintage tag. Really lovely.


Divers and Sundry said...

It's always time to chomp on some cake :) I got a big kick out of that one.