Saturday, August 3, 2024

Weekend Art

 Hi everyone. Happy weekend. Our weekend looks like it could be some sun and some rain, so I think it might be a putter and poke around the house weekend. (And you never know what else. )❤

     Today I wanted to share some art. I have a page for Jo's Wonderfully Wild theme at Art Journal Journey, and I also have a tag for Valerie's Summer Holiday theme at Tag Tuesday. I am linking this post up to Gillena’s Sunday Smiles  also. First, here's my page for AJJ.


     My "wild" idea for this page was the rainforest/ jungle. I wanted to create a page that felt thick and lush with foliage like you'd find in such a place. My background is a collection of some stamped images that I then mostly covered over with some gesso and ink. I then fussy cut some leaves and tropical flowers as well as die cutting the big green tropical palm leaves. 

     Mama tiger and her babies are stamped images that have been fussy cut. I needed  to add a focal point, and besides, we all know there is a myriad of life in the rainforest jungle. So why not this tiger family? I tucked part of Mama behind the leaves just to enhance the lush  feeling. I added a paper frame to make her stand out, and then I added the kittens and the metal tag. I used stickers to create the phrase and a TH sticker phrase below it.


     My tag for Valerie's Summer Holiday challenge is all about another environment, the Beach. I took a standard tag that I inked blue and added a die cut shaped tag to it. The starfish are embossed and then fussy cut, and the seagulls are die cut. The waves at the bottom are left over pieces from some die cut waves that I used in my Greece journal. Finally I added an actual sand dollar from a small stash I have, and I used a quote from an old stamp set on the tag.

That's all for me today. Have a super weekend!

18 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was really impressed with the way you framed the mother tiger and the bird of paradise. What a fabulous and insopiring oage you have given us for Jo's theme at AJJ.

That's a really darling tag. I adore the star fish and the sea shell. Nicely done. I like the colors you chose, too. Have a super weekend, Erika.

Divers and Sundry said...

I especially like the beach tag. I'm in the mood for a beach in this hot, steamy weather.

Christine said...

Lovely wild page and tag Erika!

Tom said...

...art never takes a day off.

sirkkis said...

Such a super page of wild theme 🤩, and the tag is lovely 😍
Weather is rainy here, too. We are living on the same latide 🌍
Happy weekend 😃🐅

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous pieces, love them both, the wild, wild journal page and the quiet tag, making me long for a breath of sea-air. Really fantastic! Enjoy your weekend, whatever you do. Hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a wild jungle your created - I love it 😊. All the foliage looks amazing and just the thing for mama tiger and her cubs to hide away in and enjoy! Thanks so much for the inspiration for our challenge over at Art Journal Journey and wishing you a happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Jeanie said...

Definitely wonderfully wild and the tag is so happy and summery!

CJ Kennedy said...

The wild things are cute, but my favorite is the beach. Stay cool

Katerinas Blog said...

Loved the beach creation!
But the one with the tigri is also beautiful!!
Have a good Sunday!

Iris Flavia said...

This is a beautiful wild summer on your post yesterday!
Ahhhhh, the smell of the ocean I had in Australian summer this year. And a dip, too. Henry says hi to his female cousin and babies. Hugs and to a great Sunday.

pinky said...

Love your gorgeous go wild page Erika and your tag is just perfect for that seaside theme. Thanks for playing along at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky

craftytrog said...

I love the tigers on your wonderfully wild page Erika!
A great tag too.
Alison

Gillena Cox said...

Oh your wild journal page is exciting. Happy Sunday. Thank for linking to SundaySmiles

much♡love

Neet said...

Lovely tag - but the tiger page is the one I love most. I do like how you have placed the figures and the foliage surrounding them. Definitely out in the 'wild.
Hugs, Neet cx

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

The cover on Diavola is just bizarre! But it does make me want to read it. Let us know how your border crossing with your dog goes in September!

*Vicki* said...

Really love the texture and element pieces on your page! The sentiment is really fun to go with it too! Your beach themed tag is very cool and I love the texture on your star fish and sand dollar!

Kym Decker said...

Nice work! Well done!