Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Time for a New Challenge

Hi everyone. Happy Tuesday. Since it is Tuesday,  and since it's been 2 weeks, it's time for another challenge over at Try It On Tuesday.

     First let me thank Julia for hosting our In The Garden challenge. And thank you everyone for joining in. There were some lovely pieces submitted, and you can't go wrong with garden art-at least in my mind.

This time our new challenge is
Keep It Simple



      My page is so simple I never even added a quote. It looks a bit bare because of that, but I still like it. I started by cleaning on a brush that had some black paint on it in my small journal. Then I added a piece of scrap paper that I believe came out of a package. I added the frame (maybe by TH), and a small die cut heart of some scrap paper that I'd painted and stamped on. Then to finish my page I added the polka dot washi tape down the side. 
      
      Don't forget  to check out the other designer's pieces for some ideas too. Some people just have the knack for simple, but for me, it's a tough one. I just like to add a lot of details to a base page. 😏

      Our challenge runs for the next 2 weeks, and we accept all types of art. I hope you feel like going simple and join us at TIOT. 

         And I am going to make my post simple too (ha ha). So that's all for me this time. 

'

 

17 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful make! I'm loving all the elements that you put together and the framed heart is perfect 😊. Happy August! Hugs, Jo x

Tom said...

...keep it simple is often best.

Angie's Recipes said...

A simple but really nice one!

Christine said...

I love this theme well done on this page

Divers and Sundry said...

I like it. I don't think it looks bare at all. The simplicity appeals to me.

CJ Kennedy said...

I think the heart says it all. With the rainy, dreary weather, I hope you had time for crafting and reading. I took a long nap 😊

Trina P. said...

Wonderful card. Definitely not bare. Very artsy and the texture is amazing!

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Might be simple, but it's beautiful. Great background!

-Soma

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is fabulous Erika. Love how the background came together. Hugs, Chrisx

Jamie Ghione said...

I like this one.

Iris Flavia said...

This is a great composition!
I really needed to read it. Your text, too, but especially your work! It´s beautiful. Have a great day, hugs

Mbul Kecil said...

simply but lovely...i like a simple post in blog...Have a nice day Erika

Meggymay said...

A great page Erika, I love how you layered the heart.
Off to have my usual catch up and see your posts I been missing lately.
Have a good rest of the week.
Yvonne

Jeanie said...

I like simple -- so I love this!

Viv said...

This is fab Erika. Love everything about it.

*Vicki* said...

This turned out wonderful! I love the framed heart and sometimes a simple design is the perfect thing! Love it!

Mrs.B said...

The framed heart looks stunning on your clean up background, such a great contrast.
Avril xx