Friday, September 20, 2024

Art Walk Part 2

 Hi everyone. Happy Friday. 

       Today I have some more photos from my art walk at Alnoba in Kensington, New Hampshire. I shared the info about it last week, so if you want to check out that post you can find it here: Art Walk Part 1.

        A couple of you asked about the artist lead walk itself. It was just over 3 hours, but very leisurely. There was no rush to see everything at the center. The center is very large, and our artist guide liked to talk.  BUT, he also liked to learn, and I think everyone from our group had something to add. There were only 6 of us in the group, so everyone had a chance to be quite interactive. There was also a bathroom spot with a couple of the world's cleanest porta-potties. 😏

      The artist who lead our tour was  Joseph Gray, and his media was stone. He has several pieces of art at Alnoba, but so do other artists. Since I have some faces I will be linking up to Nicole's Friday Face Off and I'm also linking up to Gillena's Friday Lunch Break.

      Let me start with a little more art by Joseph Gray, and then I'll share some other art.


This is one side of the statue up close.


And here is more of the statue including the face on the opposite side.


He said he made this piece because he had a Native American grandmother.

       Here is another piece by the artist. This is his circle of life, and it was right at the beginning of the tour next to the entrance to the woodland trail. 


This next series of photos are of  an interesting set of statues by Juame Plenza, an artist from Barcelona.






This was another piece of art by the same artist that we saw. It was a bit far off, but when I zoomed my camera lens I could see it better.



Here they are zoomed in.

And here is one more face by the same artist. The man in the photo is the artist Joseph Gray who lead our art tour.



You might notice that this statue is actually quite thin.


I'll finish my post with a few more statues that I saw on the tour.


These white flame like  piece is made out of marble by Pablo Atchugarry, 
and next photo is this rock with a carved quote by Nelson Mandela. I know you can't really read the quote, but my eye caught the leaf shadows on  the stone, so this is my own art-grin.


     And finally this beautiful table outside of the main building on the grounds.  It is called Ice Ring and Gradient Table, and it was wonderfully warm to the touch. It is not only a table but also art made by Michele Oka Doner.




       I have more to share from this walk, so you'll have to wait for another post which won't be for a couple of weeks.
      The hubby is taking some time off next week, so he and I as well as the dogs are taking off for the week. I won't be around for Friday Face Off, Friday Lunch Break or Sunday Smiles (after this week). See you for those link ups when I get back in 2 weeks.

Have a great weekend ahead.

No comments: