Thursday, September 12, 2024

Thursday Art

 Hi everyone. 

I'm back today with some more assorted art starting with a tag for Michele's Back to School  challenge at Tag Tuesday. Today's tag is a little different as I took the view of a teacher looking at their students, rather than student looking at back to school.


I stamped the quote, die cut the apple, and stamped as well as fussy cut the little bookworm with the mortar board on their head.


I also have a journal page for Aimeslee's Anything Goes challenge at Art Journal Journey


     Back in 2017 (or so) I made a journal about the night sky. I should say I started that journal, but when it was put on the shelf, it wasn't quite finished. I decided to finish it this fall, and this is one of the new spreads I recently made.

     The left hand side of the background is a page I pulled out of a very old calendar I had (as you can see from the fringe at the edge of the image). I kept this calendar because it has fascinating very old style illustrated pages.  Since my journal has narrower pages than the calendar was, I cut the illustration.  Most of the page is on the left, and there's a little bit of it on the right. I stamped, colored and fussy cut the rocket and Saturn before adding them to my page.

     On the right hand side I added a strip of black polka dot paper (the darkness and stars) as well as a couple pieces of gold diamond trim. After staining up the remaining uncovered background I stamped this old quote that I had in my stash.


    We've been having such gorgeous weather this week I have been making a lot of effort to get out and enjoy it. Yesterday Mr. Pete and I took a lovely long walk. Maddie spent the day at the vet's getting a day long blood glucose curve done, and finally, for the first time since January when she went on insulin, her blood sugar was down to normal. ❤   

      Here's a few photos from my walk.






That's all for me today.  Hope you're having a great day. 





15 comments:

hels said...

I always liked to think of myself as a little bookworm wearing a mortar board on the head. But in retirement I can't get away with cuteness :)

David M. Gascoigne, said...

It is beyond dispute that a walk in nature is therapeutic, Erika, so you received excellent therapy on this walk. Better do it every day! All the best - David

Angie's Recipes said...

Both pages are spectacular, esp. the one you started in 2017 :-)) Gorgeous weather and nature! So happy to know that Madie's blood sugar is now normal.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, beautiful post Hugs Kathy

Tom said...

...I love Graham Greene's quote!

Iris Flavia said...

Ohhhh, love especially the first one - so cute!!!! And travel, we will soon again, too :-)
And thank you for sharing that walk, hugs

CJ Kennedy said...

Cute tag. I really like the night sky page with the calligraphic fonts. Your Lakes Region is so beautiful. Beautiful weather ahead for us, too.

pinky said...

Oh wow Erika what a beautiful quote on your fabulous tag!! I love it. Your pages are beautiful too. Loving the colour tones you have gone with. Thanks for playing along with us at Tag Tuesday.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad you both were able to get out for what looked like a lovely walk, Erika. We have been having some great end of summer weather in NH this week, but admittedly I would like it a bit cooler in the daytime hours.

Neet said...

So pleased with the news about Miss Maddie.
Love that page of yours. I can well imagine that this jouirnal is going to be a lovely one, love the theme and the images you have chosen on this page are fabulous. The polka dot aper down the RH side fits in perfectly as does the quote.
Nice tag too.
Hugs, Neet xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks like a wonderful walk. Great tag for Tag Tuesday and love the sky pages. I have been knocked out all week, but I'm trying to get back into the loop again! Hugs!

Lowcarb team member said...

"Maddie's blood sugar is now normal" ... that's good :)

I did enjoy seeing your art, and lovely photographs.
I can't believe it's almost Friday, the days do seem to pass by quickly.

All the best Jan

Michele said...

what a great school days tag, very meaningful! thanks for joining the school days challenge at tag tuesday! i love your journal page, too. xo

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fabulous tag and page! I loved walking with you too, it looks like the weather is still sunshiney there 😊. Wishing you a very Happy Friday and weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Great tag for back to school!
And I love the composition of your spread, very eye-catching!
Nice walk photos too. xoxo