Sunday, September 22, 2024

Sunday Art

     Hi everyone. I hope you're having a super weekend. We (me, the hubby and the 2 dogs) leave this afternoon on our adventure to Quebec. I am excited but also wondering  how the dogs will make out. We've taken short trips with them, but never one for so many days. And hopefully I have everything I need so they can cross the border easily, especially since August 1, coming back into the US with dogs includes a whole list of required items. 😞

      Let me start today's post with a journal page for Aimeslee's Anything Goes challenge at Art Journal Journey. It's been fun to have an anything goes challenge so I can post whatever I've  been working on or older pieces I haven't shared yet. ❤ Today's page is one I made a while back for another challenge and ran out of time to share. I'll also be joining Gillena's Sunday Smiles.


 I like how the background has a fabric feel to it. I inked the page with various ink pads and then used a stencil and white gesso over it. The woman is cut out of an old magazine page, as as her wings. I left her white except to color in her boots and her hair. I then decorated her dress with some flowers and decorated her wings with some colored Stickles glitter glue. I built her a base to stand on that was made with a watercolor crayon, some ric rac trim as well as a scrap of lace. Finally I stamped the quote. 

    I also have a tag to share for Sandie's Numbers challenge at Tag Tuesday.  Sandie requests we have at least 3 numbers on our tags. 


     I focused only on numbers on my tag, starting with the 4 stitched  numbers. I cut those out of a  dashboard tag from when I had my car in the  garage  to get a few maintenance items done.  After inking my tag background, I stitched on those numbers, and then I used a couple of stamp sets and stamped some other numbers. I didn't think my tag needed anything else, but I did add a few little colorful confetti pieces just to finish it off. 

      Let me finish off this post with a few ocean views from the other morning. I was on my way to meet some friends for a walk and took the scenic route to our meeting point.






It was definitely a day for egrets. I must have passed 20 of them on my drive.



     That's all for me today.  I  have a scheduled post at the end of the month and 2 more for the start of October (since I won't be home until October 1). If I have time I'll share some trip posts along the journey, but I'll have to see how that goes. Have a great rest of your weekend and week ahead otherwise. Au revoir!











No comments: