Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Time For a New Challenge

 Hi everyone Happy Tuesday.

      It's time once again for a new challenge at Try It on Tuesday. Thank you everyone who joined our Colorful challenge, and thank you Bleubeard and Elizabeth for being our guest designer for our last challenge also. I think many of you love color as much as I do, and I had a lot of fun going through people's art.❤

        Our new challenge still has some color to it, but this time we're looking for

BLACK AND WHITE PLUS 1 COLOR


     I chose this lovely fall green as my color, and I used green cardstock to die cut the leaves, tag and pears.  I then took just a slightly darker shade of that green to bring out the details of my die cuts.  I used a very old Spellbinders die set for all the cuts on my page. 

    The black and white background is some Paper Artsy/Alison Bomber tissue paper. I also used some black textured tape (so old I don't know who made it), and my stamped quote is the definition of a pear from a Janet Klein set. After my page had dried, I sprayed some green ink on my page just to brighten it up a bit. 

    Be sure to check out the design team's examples too, especially if you're stuck how to go with this challenge. Theses ladies have some super ideas.

      As always this challenge at  Try It on Tuesday  runs for the next 2 weeks and we accept all types of art.

     I'm also linking up this page to Aimeslee's Anything Goes challenge at Art Journal Journey The AJJ challenge is for art journaling and runs through the rest of the month.


11 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

That fall green is so gorgeous! I love the design of the page.

Tom said...

...enjoy green while you can.

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page! Loving the green that you used, it stands out beautifully from the black and white - perfect 😊. Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

R's Rue said...

So pretty.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Viv said...

Loving the colour you've used here Erika. Great page.x

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this Erika! The green is such a beautiful shade, perfect for your die cuts and inking, hugs, Chrisx

Mbul Kecil said...

Green page looks so fresh and cheerfull...Greetings..

CJ Kennedy said...

Pretty page. We took a ride out to Springfield, MA today. The greens were already giving way to the reds, yellows, and oranges of Fall. 😿I hope you got outside today, too.

Iris Flavia said...

Wow, this is a clever idea for the challenge.
Does is say "Schulnachricht" on top? Looking forward to see more of this, hugs

Aimeslee Winans said...

Pretty greens, always remind me of St. Patty's at first, but then Spring. A lovely page, thanks for adding it to AJJ. xoxo

Meggymay said...

I love your colour choice Erika, its a wonderful inspiring page for the new TioT theme.
Yvonne