Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Wednesday Journal Pages

 Hi everyone. It's the middle of the week again, and almost mid-September.  We're in a bit of a warm up after the start of the week's cooler temperatures too.But I definitely love that the nights are cool and good for sleeping.

Today I have a couple of pages from my Greece travel journal that I haven't shared.  Since Aimeslee's challenge at Art Journal Journey is Anything Goes, I thought this would be a good time to show these.

Today's art is blue and also has recycling.


We sadly didn't get to go sailing on our trip back in March, but we did watch some sail boats. I started with a Greek Key stencil and made the square and then the inner circle. I then added some blue paint around the inner circle and also stamped all the mini suns. I decided my circle needed something, and that's when I added the inner design. It's actually from the center of  a paper plate. We had been at my cousin's funeral back in June, and we left with some cookies for our 2+ hour trip home.  The plate that held the cookies was still fresh and clean, and I liked the design, so I cut out the center and added it to my page.

The waves, compass and  sailboat are die cuts. I was going to leave the sailboat white, but it didn't really stand out, so  I made it darker. I also made some crazy blue sky to represent all the wind you need for sailing.


And my other page is the last page of my Greece journal.


This next page (in both views) is made with the leftovers from my flight home including the boarding passes, the luggage tags, a silverware wrap and a napkin from the flight. I die cut the globe, mini clouds and the plane. I also added a bit of very colorful scrap tissue that was wrapped around something that I bought. It makes a nice pop of color. And all the dot designs  on my page are actually the shape of the island of Corfu. These were on little bags I had, but they make great "decorations" on my page so I cut them out and put them down in whatever direction they worked best.


Finally I outlined my page with a blue marker.

And there you have it. That's all for me today. Have a super day, and thanks for visiting.







10 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

The memories of this trip will stay with you for a very long time, and journal pages such as this will reinforce the pleasure. Well done! All the best - David

Hels said...

The sailboat on the ocean looks fantastic. No sails.. just lying in the sunshine.

Angie's Recipes said...

Lovely pages! I like Greek Key stencil.

Tom said...

...blue is such a calming color.

The Happy Whisk said...

The water is stunning. I'm digging the blue outline. Almost done with lunchbreak. Have a groovy day.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I LOVE how you used the paper plate. It went so well with the rest of the page. And I always love seeing your "leftovers" from your flight. They are both incredible pages and perfect for Aimeslee's theme at AJJ. Thanks for sharing these, dear Erika.

Jeanie said...

Your journal is lovely -- it completely captures the feel of Greece.

Neet said...

Loe your first page in your Greek journal. Why is it that blue seems to be the correct colour for anything to do with Greece? Like that Greek key design stencil you have, is it just a strip or something larger? I have two pairs of gold ear rings and a small pendant that have the Greek Key design on them, must admit they are my favourite pieces of jewellery even though my heart tells me I must wear my bee stuff all the time. I do like the diecuts you used, something about a compass with me. My eye always goes to one when I see it.
Your second page is striking, more bold somehow, and I love how you utilised so many of the things from your flight home. Love the tiny patch of colour in the bottom corner.
Hugs, Neet xx
ps gorgeous photo - oh to be there

Lowcarb team member said...

I think your journal is lovely.

All the best Jan

Aimeslee Winans said...

Nice design compositon and colors on your pages, love the wave border and the globe dies.