Sunday, September 8, 2024

Sunday Art

 Hi everyone. Happy second half of the weekend to you. 

Yesterday my post was about apples, and I mentioned wanting to go apple picking. Well I did.


There's nothing better. 😏

    Today I have another spread in my harvest journal that I've been working on.  I also have a tag too. First I'll show you each side of the spread and then the final spread together. My 2 page journal spread  is being linked up to Aimeslee's Anything Goes challenge at Art Journal Journey.


     This right side started with some red ink and a background stamp. I then added the flap of a red envelope on the right. The centerpiece of the page is a label, and the farm girl is cut out of a sheet of printed paper. The word farmhouse and the printed canning jar are both stickers.

        And here's the left side to this spread.


       I used a page out of an old seed catalog as background paper.  The golden brown label holder is a die cut, and all the red labels were cut out of a sheet of paper. I also cut all the canning jars from another sheet of paper. Finally I added some punch out geraniums, leaves and the twine looking bows. Unlike yesterday when I added apples to bow's centers, today I used a small confetti flower 


      To tie both pages together I added (to the right) some fussy cut canning jars from a the same sheet of paper as the ones that on the left.  And finally I used some red ric-rac trim along the bottom. 

      I also have a tag today for Michele's School Days tag challenge at Tag Tuesday I used to love back to school, but the little one on my tag doesn't look very happy. 😏 (perhaps it’s because his (or maybe her) left leg has a fold on it- oh no!)


I wanted a bit of contrast between the outdoors of summer and being inside at school during the fall, so even though I covered my page with some vintage style alphabet paper, I added the green grass for this little angel to stand on.  I also stamped some numbers, outlined my tag and added a bit of bright pink ink at the bottom to represent the summer outside that still hadn't quite ended when school started. 

I'm also linking up my post to Gillena's Sunday Smiles.

That's all for me today. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and start of the new week!




25 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

I like the Farmhouse page more...the first day of school is good too, but that little gal reminds me of some horror films...LOL..

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Your apple looks terrific. We have been buying Gala this year and they have been terrific; crisp and juicy. The local orchards seem to have had a very good year. All the best - David

Rostrose said...

Dear Erika, your apples look very beautiful and delicious! Our two apple trees hardly have any fruit this year, probably there was frost at the wrong time... (I can't say for sure, we were still in the USA when the apples were in bloom...)
How pretty your double page turned out! A delightful mix that brings back nostalgic garden dreams and memories of my grandmother, who also pickled all vegetables and made lots of jams, marmalades, fruit purées, etc. My husband and I mainly make jams - and freeze pieces of pumpkin, currants, etc. for later use.
I like your School Days tag too, although I would think the unhappy looking little one is not a "he" (?) ... School at that time was no fun. My father was often hit on the fingers with a stick and was told to be quiet and obedient. It wasn't that bad for us, but I wasn't a particularly enthusiastic student either 😉
All the best, have a nice Sunday and a good new week, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/09/weltreise-2024-7-station-san-francisco.html

Tom said...

...an apple a day keeps the doctor away.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Sunday, I Loveeee your newest journal. When I grew up we hand picked lots of different fruits. After I left home I didn't have that opportunity anymore near where I lived. When we first moved to Missouri I did find a blueberry farm. good memories-always found that fun and rewarding.
Happy Sunday and new week

Valerie-Jael said...

Fresh apples, yummy! Your journal pages are a delight. And thanks for making a tag for Michel's challenge at Tag Tuesday! Enjoy your Sunday, hugs, Valerie

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

The apple trees here at the farm are plum full of apples! I am going to pick a couple of 5 gallon buckets full and see what magic Barb can create with them!

Jamie Ghione said...

I love how you did this one.

R's Rue said...

It does.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Neet said...

Just adore the little girl on the right hand side of your journal. Reminds me of Mabel Lucy Atwell figures (Have I got that name correct?). The label box and the labels looks really good on the left hand page and together the pages sit very well and are great for the challenge.
Love the tag too.
Hugs Neet xx

Gillena Cox said...

Happy Sunday and Thank You for linking to SundaySmiles, Erika.
much♡love

craftytrog said...

Both pieces are great Erika, and the apples look delicious!
Happy September!
Alison

CJ Kennedy said...

Cheery farmhouse pages and the little girl reminds me of the Campbell's kids. Oh, those apples look so good. What time is pie?. I hope you bundled up today

Michele said...

your apple looks so delicious! and i love your back to school tag! she looks serious and readay to begin! thank you for linking to my challenge at tag tuesday! xo

Empire of the Cat said...

Those apples look yummy, what kind are they? Love your page, and that book you have been working in. She does not look happy to be there though does she lol. Happy new week!

Lowcarb team member said...

That apple looks a very tasty one.
Some lovely art here.
Hope the coming new week will be a good one for you.

All the best Jan

Katerinas Blog said...

Your magazine pages are perfect!
Yes, apples are wonderful and good for health!
Have a nice Week Erika!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was sure I left a comment here because I remember saying I'm not a fan of apples. Guess that was yesterday. I love the page with the labels and I love the rick rack, too. Your farmhouse entry is adorable. Thanks for sharing it with us using Aimeslee's theme at AJJ.

Iris Flavia said...

Your apple looks so good - but all I found in the kitchen was a fig. Yummy, too.
Love your pages,you are so creative!!! Hugs

Mae Travels said...

I’ve never been enthusiastic about picking fruit but I love to eat it and to cook with it! I like your photos.
best,mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Aimeslee Winans said...

Cute cute spread and tag. The little girl on your right hand page looks so much like a Campbells kid. And that red net background stamp looks familiar, I have one too. Always reminds me of the fishnet hose craze in the late 60's...my first pair of pantyhose! I begged to be able to shave my legs as I was mortified to have my leg hair sticking out! lol Thanks for linking to AJJ, xoxo

peppylady (Dora) said...

Great pieces. For some odd reason I like ric rac.

Gillena Cox said...

Nice Tags, Erika. Happy Tuesday

much🤍love

Kym Decker said...

Great job! These pages are adorable! Such great designs and color!

pinky said...

Erika those apples look so juicy!!! Save me one! I love your journal pages. I really need to start one of those. Haha I bet she is giving you the evil eye all right for bending her poor leg but your tag is just brilliant!! Thanks for playing along with us at Tag Tuesday.