Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Make It Colorful

Hi everyone. Happy September to those of you who haven't stopped by my blog this new month. I hope everyone's month is starting off in a good way.
I'm here today with a piece of art for our new challenge at Try It On Tuesday. This time our new challenge is

MAKE IT COLORFUL


I made a journal page that is definitely colorful. 😀

     I started with some watercolor inks. I added drops to my background paper and then took a dry and a separate wet paper towel and rubbed the inks over my page. Once that dried I took black stencil paste and a stencil and added the dots. Adding the black really made the color seem pop even more.

     The flowers are all from a set of dies. I use white paper and a bit of scrap peach colored paper. I left the leaves, the spiky centers and the swirls white for a bit more contrast, but on the flowers I added a bit more liquid watercolor drops. I used a Sharpie on the spiky centers as well as a white pen to give them some details. After I attached the flowers I stamped one little phrase from  a Paper Artsy set by Sara Naumann. 

    I don't want to forget to thank everyone who joined our last Make It Feminine challenge and also Barb from My Art Blog for being our guest designer for that challenge. Our latest challenge, like all of our challenges, runs for the next 2 weeks. Be sure to check out my teamies art too because there is lots of good ideas there also.

     I hope you're into color and will join us at TIOT for our Make It Colorful challenge. 
    
I'm also linking up and joining Aimeslee's Anything Goes challenge at Art Journal Journey with this page.



 

16 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've never used watercolor inks, but I love what you accomplished with these. The black adds the needed pop to set off both the background and the flowers. And those flowers are gorgeous. They are truly stunning. It was also great you were able to share this with AJJ using Aimeslee's Anything Goes theme, too. Awesome.

Angie's Recipes said...

It's indeed bright, colourful and beautiful, Erika.

Tom said...

...soon Mother Nature will change to her fall wardrobe.

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful, reminds me of Japan for sure - summer day here,hope yours is as fun, hugs!

Divers and Sundry said...

Definitely colorful, yes! I love how bright it is.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, such a beautifully colourful page! Loving your colour combination with the flowers - gorgeous 😊. Happy September! Hugs, Jo x

Neet said...

I am a fan of pink and orange used together and this is evidently a perfect combination in your piece here. Fab big flowers and the black stencilling set them off to perfection.
Hugs, Neet xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely colours, bright and beautiful! Love all the contrasts in the page. It's bedtime here, so bye for now! Hugs!

Joan said...

Very bright and colourful, lovely contrast with the black and the white leaves., love the big flowers too

Joan x

Hels said...

In a time of endless sadness in the world, I hope bright, colourful shapes divert the eyes for a time and allow for hope,

Meggymay said...

A fabulous page Erika, seeing those bright colours gave me a happy feeling to start the day, so uplifting, the flowers are beautiful.
Yvonne

Empire of the Cat said...

Wow, I really really love this Erika, just my idea of colour for sure! Beautiful, vibrant colours and flowers. I will try and join in with colour challenge if I get a chance this week.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Erika, these gorgeous flowers on that brilliant background are just the thing to brighten the dull day we had today, Hugs, Chrisx

Lowcarb team member said...

That is wonderfully colourful, I like it.

All the best Jan

Mrs.B said...

Love this bright and cheerful page the background looks fabulous with the black stencilling and adding the white accents with those gorgeous flowers really makes them pop.
Avril xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

How fun with the inks and stencil and flower dies. Definitely colorful and bright! Those paper towels come in so handy as a mixed media tool. XOX