Saturday, September 7, 2024

Saturday Art

Hi everyone. Happy weekend. I hope yours is a nice one.

I'm back today with some more art from my harvest journal. This 2 page spread seemed appropriate since it is apple season here in New Hampshire. I'm hoping to go apple picking this weekend, but we'll have to see if it's raining or not. (Since they are predicting some rain tonight/Saturday, but who knows how right they'll be.)


I started on this  side of my spread by stamping this old apple varieties stamp. Then I rubbed a red ink  pad over my page, and I added a bright green piece of washi tape down the left hand side. It's hard to get even a small ink pad right along the inner seam of a bound book, and the tape covers up any blank (not stamped or inked) spots nicely.

I cut a red tag from some checkered paper. The quotes and the apple picking image are from an old Technique Tuesday stamp set. The quote is stamped directly on the tag, but the image is stamped on acetate and then  added after I added the fussy cut apple basket. I also added some sparkles to the apples to give them a bit of glimmer, and I added a few punch out images to finish off my page. 


And the left side of my spread I used some red printed paper for the background. The image is from a garden harvest set of ephemera that I've had for several years. I added the old red postage stamp and the punch out bow.  I thought the people in this image looked to be about the same vintage style as the children  on the tag.  Plus everyone is  picking apples.


Here's the completed spread. You can see I also added 2 little apple decorations, one on each side on the spread 

I'm linking up to Aimeslee's Anything Goes challenge at Art Journal Journey. I'm also linking up to this month Inner Child challenge at More Than Words. I'm choosing this piece for that challenge because apples always remind me of back to school. Not only is there the quote "An Apple for the Teacher", but I remember often having an apple in my lunch while in school too. (Both as a kid and as a teacher too 😏).

That's all for me today.







 

16 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Cute pages!!! Our neighbors sadly let their apples fall to the ground to rot away.
As well as the pears. Such a terrible waste :-(
Maybe we sneak in at night and grab some.... With that: Hope for no rain for you and a happy picking, hugs!

Angie's Recipes said...

Love apple season! I used to eat lots of apples...my record was 11 apples a day...so crazy. The pages are beautiful, seasonal and fun, Erika.

Jamie Ghione said...

Love these designs.

Tom said...

...apple season is a sweet time of year.

CJ Kennedy said...

Delicious pages! It may be a little cloudy/overcast, but it sounds like you'll be able to get the apple picking in. The sun might pop out later, too. Enjoy your day!

Divers and Sundry said...

You put me in the mood for Autumn apples👍

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful creations for the apple season ~ enjoy ~ hugs,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
clm ~ A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I literally eat an apple a day - because I like them, not because it’s what the doctor ordered. All the best - David

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've never been a big fan of apples, but I certainly love both pages you chose. The dimensional apples are adorable and the tag is great. I really love the left side because of the focal image. Both of these are perfect for Aimeslee's theme at AJJ. Thanks for sharing these beauties.

Gillena Cox said...

Nice appke tags. Apples do not grow in my clime. Here in Trinidad and Tobago🇹🇹 we import apples. Appkes are seen year round. Any day of the year apples can be bought.
However i remember when i was growing up we only saw appkes near December Christmas not the whole year through like it is now.
Happy Sunday Erika

much♡love

Neet said...

How lovely to go apple picking. I don't know anywhere around here where yu can do that but the gardens I go to (Sizergh Castle) have lots of apples and I always think it would be fun to pick some. Not that I can but you can buy their apples that they have picked for you just by putting something in the honesty box.
Two fab pages, love the red backgrounds, just perfect and the lady up the ladder made me think of how happy those days must have been. Then I realised how hard they must have been! Love the two little apple button type things you added, once is so cute and the other so realistic.
Hugs, Neet xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Gorgeous pages! Loving your apple picking inspired designs, they are perfect for this time of year 😊. Take care and happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes, this time of year is apple season.
I like your art.

All the best Jan

Jeanie said...

This post just LOOKS like fall -- art, photos, all of it!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh, right, I bet apples do remind you of school teaching. I'm surprised apple season is already on up there but I shouldn't be, it's just that ours is at Thanksgiving! People down here are planting their fall gardens or trying to, as all the rains have made that hard and should have been done in August. At any rate, this is a fine fall spread for your garden journal and I thank you for sharing it to AJJ. Had to chuckle at your recent comments about the weather forecasts. There's been talk on the local Facebook TV weather pages, lots of people suspect they are using AI a lot more than they should. Beryl being such a surprise after being told for weeks not to worry is a big reason why. Now people are thinking we are gonna get hit directly by Francine. I'm not betting one way or another but it does seem like they can't predict nearly as well as they used to just with normal weather! XOX

Kym Decker said...

Great book! Love the layouts! So colorful!