Sunday, September 15, 2024

Sunday Art

 Hi everyone. I hope you're having a great weekend.

Today I have another journal page for Aimeslee's Anything Goes challenge at Art Journal Journey.  I'm also linking up to Gillena's  Sunday Smiles.


     This is a page out of my harvest/garden journal that I'm just about finished with. I love how it's bright and cheery.

      The background is an old sheet of denim style paper that's been sitting around since I did a lot of scrapbooking. (I bet it's at least 25 years old if not older. I guess it was  time to use it!) I thought it worked great for a garden theme because you might wear denim while working outside. The fence is a very old stamp by Cornish Heritage Farms. They went out of business a long long time ago ( like maybe 2010 or even before that) , but even though I'd never used it, I could never get rid of it when I did a supply purge. And finally I had a place for it. ๐Ÿ˜ I like the details and size since it's big enough to fit across my page.

     The other images came from some other various stamp sets. I stamped, fussy cut and colored the watering can, and then I cut it so the handle would slide behind the fence post. I love the rooster who I'm guessing is getting us up and wanting us outside in the garden. I used several ink pads on the stamp to color him in. He was also a bit tricky to fussy cut, so I left the white edging around him. Finally the quote is stamped directly onto the paper. 

       I painted in the grass, and then to add some brightness to the page I added the sun yellow daisies at the bottom. I decided I wanted to add a sun also, but I didn't decide that  until everything was already glued down. Since the sun should have gone behind the rooster and fence, I decided just to leave it off.  Perhaps Mr. Rooster had a bit of a sleep in and the sun is already high in the sky. ๐Ÿ˜

      I thought I'd also share a few more photos from my art walk last week at Alnoba. If you missed my first post about the walk and are curious, you can find it here: Alnoba part 1.


The sign in the back is by Hank Willis Thomas and is a fun play on the words. It is titled Love Over Rules.

This red installation was made of lots of lobster pot line, woven together and painted red. It is by Orly Genger, and is called Going, Going, Gone. You can also walk on top it, so I gave it a try.  It's not really squishy, but a little bit.





Have a great rest of your weekend and start to the new week. 











      














12 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

What a beautiful and bright harvest page! Love over rules is pretty cool.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Denim really has conquered the world! It’s almost certainly the most universal fabric item in history, and at times has made the switch from utilitarian clothing to high fashion apparel. All the best - David

CJ Kennedy said...

Your denim page is so cheery. I think the rooster is up before the sun. I'm surprised you were allowed to walk on the sculpture. Sounds like another great weather week coming up for us. Enjoy your day!

Tom said...

...LOVERULES in a BIG way.

Jeanie said...

I love seeing the art installation photos. They're so interesting and I love hearing how people think!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic images Erika. Happy Sunday. Thank you for linking to SundaySmiles

much♡love

Aimeslee Winans said...

Okay, I figured it out thanks to the last photo, did you find any lobsters hiding there? I guess they'd be too rancid to eat, huh? A bright cheery page, thanks for adding it to AJJ. I really thought that was real denim, lol. I forget how varied the papers were back in the day and if I had to guess, it would be Karen Foster paper. Have a great week, xoxo

peppylady (Dora) said...

How long did it take to finish your harvest journal? Love the bright colors.

Iris Flavia said...

I absolutely love your page - and the sculptures. Have a great start into the week, hugs

ashok said...

Great harvest page ! ๐Ÿ‘

Valerie-Jael said...

Love rules is a fantastic motto! Your journal page is bright and beAutiful, I love it! Have a great new week with lots of time to play and make art! Hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

I like that rooster. The rope installation is fun to see. I enjoy art that's on the different side.