Thursday, September 5, 2019

A Big Bloom and a Rainbow Sky

 Hi everyone. Happy Friday, or almost Friday depending where you are located. 
 This week hasn't been very eventful for me, working days, a bit of evening art time but more evening relaxing time either watching tv or reading a book. Fall weather seems to be here to stay, at least for now, and the nights have been cool and the days have been warm but not too hot. I am loving this because usually when we get back to school it seems to get really hot and humid, like Mother Nature is reminding us that it was summer vacation just a few weeks earlier.
So I have a journal page to share today.
I want to make a pattern so I began by drawing big scallops with a block Sharpie. I painted each layer a different color, did a bit of writing and also added a second mini-pattern to each scallop layer.
On a separate piece of paper, I used the black Sharpie to draw the giant flower. I fussy cut it and then attached it to my colorful background. I did add some black sequins to center of the circle, and I stamped and colored the little bee.
I am linking up to the latest theme at Art Journal Journey which is polka-dots, stripes, plaids or patterns (PSPP for short). 
I'm heading out to a camp in the woods with no internet this weekend so I can't comment on any Art Journal Journey posts. I have a weekend adventure ahead. I'll share more when I get back.
Wishing you all a fantastic weekend. 
And thanks for visiting.


20 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Goodness you have a lot of patience, dear Erika. You did a great job writing these beautiful blooms all over the scallops. That single bloom is lovely, too. And we definitely need the bees to pollinate those blooms. This is a great entry for your theme at Art Journal Journey.

I'm glad it's nice weather where you are. It's nearly 9 pm here, and still hot and muggy. Have fun this weekend, and don't worry about AJJ.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the beautiful, white flower against the rainbow sky, just gorgeous. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Wow, you created a wonderful entry for the PSPP topic. Stunning. I love the giant flower and this super patterned background you came up with!
Happy joyful weeken with adventure for you and fitting weather.
Big hugs
Susi xxx

craftytrog said...

This is gorgeous Erika! Xx

sirkkis said...

A great idea and I love how you made it
out 👍
Happy weekend 😘

CJ Kennedy said...

I like the giant flower. Like a last reminder it's still Summer. Have a fun on your camping weekend.

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

This page makes me feel happy! I love the graphic feel of your piece, as well as how you incorporated the sentiment into your pattern. Happy Art Journal Journey!

Jeanie said...

Glad all is well,, Erika. We need a rainbow sky. Plenty of rain here but no rainbows!

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful-I love your page
Happy Friday and weekend hugs Kathy

Divers and Sundry said...

How timely with your use of the Sharpie ;) which is making so much news lately. It's good to see your summer flower taking a stand there :) Ours are fading, though we're still getting hot days here.

sheila 77 said...

Oh gosh I love this big flower and its so-colourful patterned background. Nice range of colours too and unusually the flower is white and black, a great idea and beautifully made.
Have a great weekend, camping in the woods no less!

Meggymay said...

Its a fantastic page Erika, it must have taken you ages to create the lovely background for the lovely flower.
I hope you have a super weekend, look forward to reading all about your latest adventure.
Yvonne xx

Pink Rose said...

Hi Erika wow i love your happy colourful journal page,well done my friend xx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Erika, the white flower looks stunning on your rainbow background. Your really must have patience writing on all those scallops.
Enjoy your weekend, sounds like a fun adventure ahead.
Avril xx

Rike said...

Your background is gorgeous - made with much patience! This big flower is a great inspiration for me - I think I have to try this technique, it look so beautiful! I like this cutting out not till the edges, so the outline is not destroyed.
Wish you a wonderful adventure weekend!
Big hugs, Rike

Neet said...

Such a great pattern for the background. I would never have thought of printing words over and over again like that - true inspiration that works so well. Neat too.
The big flower sitting in the centre is just perfect against that background.
Enjoy your evenings before the marking catches up.
hugs, Neet xx

Caty said...

Woww I loooove this big white flower with the bee Erika !! It´s Amazing, and the background is super beautiful, so happy colours and great writing! Fantastic !!
I wish you a very happy weekend, and send big hugssss
Caty

Gibby Frogett said...

Beautiful and striking page Erika - wow what a lot of work you did on your glorious background :)
Hope you're have a fabulous and fun weekend.
Gill x

Carola Bartz said...

I love the big flower on your journal page and the colorful background.
We make the same experience her - as soon as school starts it gets really hot. I always feel sorry for the kids who do after school sports like cross country.

Words and Pictures said...

Our weather has cooled off too... I can definitely feel the autumn chill in the air!

I love your rainbow waves, and the contrast of the b&w flower in the foreground - a lovely page.
Alison x