Friday, September 27, 2019

The Month is Widing Down

Hi everyone. The month is winding down very quickly, but before it does I still have a couple of pages for Art Journal Journey to share with you. This month my challenge has been polka-dots, stripes, plaids and patterns.
And if you want to join in, there is still a few days of September left to join us! 
So I painted some messy stripes. Those stripes really make me happy, even if they are wiggly and look rather uneven in color tone. Then I added this tag which I found already made in my stash.  I added the metal flower and leaves to the bottom of the tag to tie it into the page a bit. It's nice to have found a way to recycle the tag also.
I made the tag so long ago that I can't remember exactly how I made it, but I do see some washi  tape stripes on an alcohol ink background.  I see some die cuts but I honestly don't know where the winged woman image came from as I don't have that stamp. 

Have a super end of your week and start of your weekend.  
And thanks so much for stopping by my blog.
And Art Journal Journey too.



15 comments:

Meggymay said...

A super way to showcase the fantastic tag Erika, its a great page.
Yvonne xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your page with the cheerful wallpaper stripes in the background. The tag is very pretty, too. Yes, the month is nearly over - where did it go? Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Great page-I really enjoyed seeing everyone's pages for this theme-all very creative. I am hoping to join in the challenges soon
Happy Friday

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous page! The striped background showcases The tag beautifully 😀. Glad to here the weather will be good for you this weekend. We have had a mixture of both sunny and rainy days this week and it feels like autumn has arrived with cooler temperatures too. Wishing you a Happy Friday and Weekend! Hugs, Jo x

CJ Kennedy said...

Nice page. I like how the metal flower looks like a reflection of the woman's and butterfly wings. Didn't this month go by so fast! Enjoy your weekend

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hi Erika, thanks for the comment on our blog. YES we will be visiting Wolfeboro and touring the Wright Museum, NH Boat Museum and hopefully take a Sun cruise on the Winnipesaukee Belle and maybe the we can meet up for a coffee & chat. We’ve made an overnite Sat reservation. Hopefully, you will have some time this weekend to connect...that would be fun. There was no email listed on your blog, but you can contact me at the one on our blog. Hope to hear from you.

Jeanie said...

I don't see how you guys manage all your challenges! Hats off to you!

Divers and Sundry said...

I like your stripey background :)

Marjut said...

a beautiful details and colours on your Art Journal page.
Have a nice weekend!
Hugs, Marjut

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fabulous way to recycle a tag. I'm all for recycling old art, since I noticed Valerie recycling hers. Your tag in the center of this stripy beauty is perfect. I think this is great. Thanks for being such a great host this month, dear Erika.

craftytrog said...

A lovely setting for that beautiful tag Erika! Xx

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I really love that background of beautiful "messy stripes." Lovely piece.

froebelsternchen said...

A cool use of the tag on this super vibrant background! A super page Erika!
Yes time flies again and it is nearly end of the lovely AJJ month again with you as our super inspirational hostess! Thank you so much for your work for AJJ!
I appreciated it so much!
Big hugs and happy weeked!
Susi xxx

Meggymay said...

A super bright happy striped background, its a great page Erika.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

On my Sat at the Movies you asked if it was Buffy from the Vampire series. Joss Wheden wrote all the episodes for Buffy, the spin-off Angel (played by David Boreanaz), and Firefly, the doomed TV series that was on Fox TV in 2003. Thanks for asking.

BTW, Abilene is a bit less than 200 miles from where I live in Wichita. Next, I want to see Harry Truman's museum and library, but it is now under renovation.