Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Wednesday Art

Hi everyone. I thought I would share another journal page for the latest challenge at Art Journal Journey
This month the challenge is polka-dots, stripes, plaids and patterns, which one or combination tickles your fancy.
I started my page by painting some rather crooked green vertical and horizontal stripes. They reminded me of a green wire garden fence. So I doodled some vines and leaves and then stamped an abstract design that reminded me of a flower. But at that point I really disliked my page. OK, so I look a bit of gesso and scraped it with an old credit card over the page. 
Amazing how a bit of gesso can change the whole look. 
I stamped the fairy image on some plain white paper and colored her in. I also stamped her on the page to use as a guide plus there were all those cool little circles around her feet and on her dress and I hated to lose them all when I cut her out.
So after cutting her out I attached her onto her stamped on the image. Then I used some silver Stickles glitter glue to cover the dots. I also used some TH clear wings rather than the wings th image came with. And I also stamped the quote, which came with the fairy image stamp set. 
That's my post today.  Stope by the Art Journal Journey website to see all the beautiful art posted so far. Thanks so much for visiting, and  I hope to see some art from you at Art Journal Journey soon.

20 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

This turned out really well, and I adore that fairy. What a lovely stamp! Great idea with the stickles, too. Gesso is always a good solution. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Pink Rose said...

Hi Erika I love your journal page and the words are awesome,you are very clever my friend,well done xx

froebelsternchen said...

What an artsy fairy and an amazing quote!
You rock this PSPP topic!
Fantastic!
Big hugs,
Susi xxx

CJ Kennedy said...

I didn't think you had to "save" anything, but I do like the muted background. That fairy stamp is awesome. It's supposed to be hot and humid today, but where's the sun? 😿 Have a good day

sirkkis said...

I like the background that give nice space for the cute fairy to fly freely around...
It was nice to read that you also love Gone with the wind πŸ˜ƒ Thanks for your comment 😘

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How adorable. You did a great job with the background, which matches your theme so well, dear Erika. You did a great job stamping a fussy cutting that fairy. I wondered how she got so shiny and saw it was Stickles. That's a great job, a great entry, and a great journal page for Art Journal Journey, too.

Neet said...

Oh Erika I love that fairy. She is fantastic. And I love how you used those wings on her - and the silver Stickles.
I ha to smile as I too often use Gesso to go over a page when I am not happy with it, it kind of tones it down and adds to the overall dimension of the page.
Another fabulous page of inspiration for us.
Hugs, Neet xx

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Charming!
And yes, gesso can work miracles!

Words and Pictures said...

I love this page, with those fantastical florals on the green "trellis" in the background - and the words are just wonderful, and work really well with your characterful fairy.
Alison x

Jeanie said...

This might be one of my favorites of yours. The fairy is just adorable and boy, that gesso really adds the texture. I love it!

Divers and Sundry said...

No wonder they never forget her! She's a stand-out :)

Caty said...

This fairy is Fantastic over that Gorgeous background Erika !! Love it, and you´re right, gesso sometimes is magical :)
I wish you a very nice Friday, and send big hugssss
Caty

pinky said...

Oh wow gorgeous work!! so very creative.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Erika wow what a beautiful journal page,love the words,well done on your beautiful work my friend xx

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Meggymay said...

Its a fabulous page Erika, what would we do without a bit of gesso. It looks a super background and the fairy image , with her clear wings looks great. Its a good quote you added as well.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous page! I love your fairy and the silver stickles added a beautiful metallic effect to her dress 😁. Happy and creative hugs and wishes! Jo x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is a magical, beautiful art piece.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Beautiful! Chrisxx

Mrs.B said...

I've been such an absent blogger lately, I've just enjoyed a little catch up on your reading list and art, you certainly made the most of your summer vacation.
Loved seeing the end of the Ocean theme journal, loved it.
Hugs, Avril xx