Saturday, September 14, 2019

Checking In

 Hi there everyone. How is your weekend  going? 
I could use a quiet weekend but today I was off to visit my Mom and then run errands. But since it was rainy and grey the hubby came along for a ride. I must say it was great to have some company since Mom is 2+ hours drive each way.
But how about some art? I have another page to inspire you to join Art Journal Journey This month is all about polka-dots, stripes, plaids and patterns.  Today my page is all about circles.
I had an orange and black page that I did not want to be too much like Halloween. So I began by hand painting some black circles (over the black spots) and then adding little white paint dots around them. 
I added this lovely lady which was a punch out from Studio Light. And she needed a friend so I thought this little duck stamp would be a good addition.  
Hope your weekend is going well. Hope to see you over at Art Journal Journey
Thanks for visiting.


13 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Lots and lots and lots of circles today. Lots of dots, too. This was a fun, fun entry and a great journal page to inspire us, too. Thanks beyond belief for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey, dear host of the month. Hope you had a great time with your mother, too.

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad your hubby went with you on the long trip to your Mom's. It's always better with company! Love your cheery and colourful page as background for the pretty girl. Enjoy your Sunday, hugs, Valerie

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Enjoy the weekend visit with your mom, Erika, and nice to have company on a long drive on a rainy Sat. Looking forward to a nice Sunday before more forecasted rains here in Nashua next week.

Mia said...

Gorgeous page, Erika. Simple, beautiful and clever background. I love the little lady and her great duck friend. Kisses!!!

Words and Pictures said...

Hope you had a good visit to your mother yesterday, and that you get a bit of a rest today (that's quite a drive there and back). I love your page - the uplifting orange (not a colour I use until Autumn hits, generally, but I always enjoy seeing it in action) - and that tiny duck may be my absolute favourite thing!
Alison x

CJ Kennedy said...

The lady and her friend look like they are standing in a field of sunflowers. I didn't get any sunflowers this year. Hope you didn't get stuck in the downpours on the way home yesterday, and that you can have a quiet day today.

Jeanie said...

Nice to have company for the road trip. That's quite a hike if you're going both ways.

Love the art today-- It looks like a cross between Halloween and sunflowers -- two of my favorites!

Divers and Sundry said...

That duck is perfect with her, and I like how you changed the background to suit your need. We're getting closer to Halloween, though... ;)

froebelsternchen said...

Such a super fun entry - I love the addition of the sweet little duck and all those happy circles and dots! Fabulous dear Erika! Hope you had a great time with your lovely Mom!
Big hugs, Susi

Meggymay said...

I love the dotty and coloured background Erika and that sweet little duck your gal has for a friend looks so cute. A fantastic page.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

Love this page - the little figure is gorgeous as is the teeny weeny bird keeping your girl company. Is she a princess? She looks rather special with her medallion around her neck which matches her belt buckle.
Fab background!
hugs, Neet xx

craftytrog said...

Love this page Erika! Especially the wee ducky! xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous page! Love those Studio Light images! Chrisx