Sunday, September 29, 2019

Weekend Wrap Up

Hi everyone! The month of September is  just about over. But there is just enough time for me to link up one more journal page for Art Journal Journey and my September challenge of  Polka-dots, Stripes, Plaids and Patterns.
My page today is made with an 8x11 brown printed paper that I then attached to some brown inked watercolor paper. I went on to create some stripes with some printed washi tape. 
The tag is another oldie from my stash that I made with some stamped and a cut out image at some point back  in the past. But this tag worked well  on the page, so now it is there. Then I created some details with some painted plastic gears and some white paper flowers. I also added some cloth stickers which I embellished with some little metal screw heads.

And before I forget
I want to send big thanks to all of your who joined in the fun at Art Journal Journey this month. You guys created some amazing art and really Rock! I  appreciate all your support.

In the last week some autumn color started to appear, and I bet this week there will be even more, since our temperatures are suppose to be feeling more like fall.
Here's some photos from my Saturday morning walk.







 And in my garden there's still a bit of blooming going on.



 And any time now my perennial chrysanthemums should be blooming. These plants  bloom in October, and it is always nice to have some late season flowers. 
Even better these plants originated in my grandmother's garden, and then some were moved to my mother's garden and now I have some. I'm hoping for a lot of flowers since the plants seemed to thrive on this years conditions.
I hope everyone has a great new week and I will see you soon for T Day.


13 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful photos-we don't have much fall colors happening at the lake just yet-the woods home has the reds. we are still in the high 80s and low 90s here-craziness for september haha

Pink Rose said...

Hi Erika wow love your journal page,well done my friend.
The leaves on the trees are so pretty as is the flowers,hope you have a wonderful day xx

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful old-fashioned page. Your garden colors are just gorgeous.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

First, I want to thank you for being such an incredible host this month, Erika. You have gone above and beyond, even in the face of unspeakable problems with the links. Your art has been an inspiration and you have given us many great examples. Thanks for all you have done.

I really like the way you paired the rigid industrial gears with the very soft and feminine flowers. What a great juxtaposition. I see this as a great way to end your month of hosting at Art Journal Journey.

Autumn is really THERE, isn't it? Not so yet in my world. It's still hot and humid here, but I'm hoping for a cool down soon. It looks lovely where you are and those trees are simply incredible. Loved the flowers in your garden, too. Mine are all history until next year, I fear.

froebelsternchen said...

A stunning page, a grande finale Erika! You rocked September with all those wonderful pages you showed!
I love the clever made Washi stripes and all the detail. A wonderful vintage touch all together.
You are a lucky girl with your amazing garden ! So beautiful and great to have these granny plants growing this yesr so well.
Happy new week Erika, thank you beyond belief for all the wonderful hosting this month again. You made AJJ's September magical!
♥️♥️♥️
Big hugs, Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the journal page, you made so many beautiful pages this month, well done. The autumn photos are lovely, this is such a fab season with the changing colours. Have a great day, it's cloudy and wet here so I need to get my boots out to go walking! Hugs, Valerie

Jeanie said...

Your fall colors are gorgeous! So much ahead of us here. And your journal page reminds me of Miss Stacy, the teacher in the Anne of Green Gables series! I like it lots!

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a gorgeous page - I really did love the theme and appreciated you visiting my blog even though time kept escaping me. When we did stop all I wanted to do was play in my journal, watch TV or sleep! Hugs, Chrisx

craftytrog said...

Wonderful photos and I love your page Erika!
Have a happy week,
Alison xx

Birgit said...

I love your journal page! Love the background and that proud lady that looks like a sufragette. Your pics of your garden and your walk is so pretty. What are those deep blue/purple flowers? I love the pale rose colour.

Meggymay said...

I am on a catch up, and a quick visit. I love the photos of the autumnal views you ahared today.
Yvonne xx

Lowcarb team member said...

What a very nice Saturday morning walk, loved the flowers in your garden too.
Always enjoy seeing your photographs.

All the best Jan

Words and Pictures said...

What a delightful vintage image at the heart of your page - you wouldn't want to cross her! Love the layered texts and adverts in the background and the flower/cogs embellishing combination is really cool. Great photos from your walk and your garden - thanks for sharing them.
Alison x