Friday, October 4, 2019

A Bargain!

Happy Friday everyone. The autumn chill is here, and this weekend is definitely going to be  quite crispy. Think I will need to dig out some warmer clothes because unless it warms up, we are really getting into autumn weather.

Look at the bargain I found at Hobby Lobby last week.
They had a whole bin of Copic Markers on the discount rack for $1.99 each.
What?  Aren't they usually like $7 a marker?
So I picked up some fun colors that I didn't have. Not all the markers in the photo. (The photo is the bin at Hobby Lobby before I picked out the colors I wanted.)
And then I went up to the cashier to pay. And the amount the cashier said my bill came to didn't make sense, but it was the end of the day and the woman behind me in line was talking to me while the cashier finalized my purchases. So I didn't really think about it too much. But then when I went home and looked over my receipt I realized she only charged me 99 cents per marker. 
And to think I only went into Hobby Lobby to get some extra steps walking.
Really! 
(Hobby Lobby is right next door to the grocery store and that's where I actually needed to go.)

So my art today is some colored pages. 

I had stenciled some backgrounds for my Art Journal Journey challenge last month, but then I never got around to using them. They made a great coloring page to play with my new markers.
Hope you like them. You may end up seeing them again if I ever do anything else with them.

Thanks for visiting today.
And happy weekend!

14 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

An extra extra bargain! SUPER!! And this markers came in the perfect hans as I see! You will make some great pages with the backgrouns I am sure!
Happy weekend my freind!
Susi xxx

kathyinozarks said...

awesome bargain! Love your pages we are finally getting fall temperatures too so can finally dig out a sweatshirt (smiles) Happy weekend Kathy

CJ Kennedy said...

You got a great steal with those copic markers. Good on you! Looks like you had fun with your journal pages, too. I pulled out some heavier weight socks just in case! Have a good weekend.

Meggymay said...

That was a bargain buy. You will have a great time using those pens. Its a fabulous page Erika.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a bargain! I don't have any copic markers so would have treated myself to quite a few ...lol 😉. Your colourful pages look amazing too! Happy Friday and weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, what a SUPER bargain, well done! Enjoy. Love the patterns you have coloured with them. Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

An absolute bargain indeed Erika, I do not have a large collection of copics but I would have had to have added to my collection too.. Sorry I completely missed your September hosting over at AJJ, the month just came and went. Great pages!!
Wishing you a super weekend Hugs Tracey xx

Jeanie said...

Good find on the markers and love how you used them!

craftytrog said...

What a bargain! Great artwork Erika.
Alison xx

Marjut said...

Beautiful pages.
Have a nice weekend!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Erika what a bargain,i love your coloured journal pages,well done xx

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, I love it when that happens... you need to go back for more. At that price, you could buy the whole binful! What a bonus for getting your steps in! Love your colouring pages... you definitely picked some good colours to play with.
Alison x
Oh, and I keep meaning to say I love your seasonal blog header too.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Everyone likes a bargain and you found a great one!

Lowcarb team member said...

Now … that was a bargain!

All the best Jan