Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Time For Halloween Fun

Hi everyone.  Tuesday is here and it is time for a new challenge at Try It On Tuesday. October means the seasons are changing and that means Halloween is coming. So our newest challenge is Witches, Wizards and Halloween fun.
I am not a someone who tends to be on the dark side, but  once a year I enjoy having some Halloween fun. This year I collaged a board book about witches, and this is my cover.
I started by using some matte medium and a couple of napkins. Then I used a bit of purple, silver and gold spray ink. When that dried I added a message pad slip with a stamped message. I also added this flying witch die cut, this Victorian gentleman sticker, a full moon sticker and a bunch of silver metal stars. I also took some white lace and painted it purple and added that to the cover also.
I look forward to seeing your Halloween fun over at Try It On Tuesday.
I hope to see you there.


16 comments:

Rosie said...

Wow, Erika, a great Halloween card

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is fantastic. I love Halloween artwork. Great challenge theme. I hope I'm able to make something for it.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous piece and a wonderful them, always a fave with me. Hugs, Valerie

Birgit said...

I love it! What a great look that yo7 created with the sprays and the background. I love the peek a boo gent and the witch is fabulous. Great Halloween piece.

CJ Kennedy said...

Love it! especially the message pad. Don't forget to pick up some eye of newt. Happy T Day

froebelsternchen said...

A gorgeous page dear Erika! Spooktacular!!!I love the textures!
Hugs, Susi

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love how you grunged up the phone reminder and how adorable the board book page turned out. Great show, dear.

Jeanie said...

This is a really nice piece, Erika. Halloween suits you!

Meggymay said...

Its a fantastic cover for your book Erika. The flying witch on her broom looks awesome.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your cover - what a good idea! Will we get to see more? Chrisx

Cath Wilson said...

All the elements of Halloween included here, Erika - with moonlight to lighten it all... love the variety.
Cath x

Divers and Sundry said...

I love your witch silhouette with that full moon. Perfect for October :)

Joan said...

Fabulous book cover, would love to see inside too


Joan x

Lowcarb team member said...

This is great! Perfect for Halloween!

All the best Jan

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous page! I love how you collages the pieces together with the sprays and those little ghosts, super sweet and spooky ...lol 😉. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

Marjut said...

This is fantastic Halloween page, I like it!