Tuesday, October 29, 2019

T Stands for Weekend Baking

Hello ladies (and any gentlemen who stop by). I'm going to start my T Day post with my last dream piece for Eileen's challenge at Art Journal Journey. Thanks Eileen for the great inspirations this month.
These ladies are ready to head off to a party.
I did a bit of stamping and inking on my page. I wanted to look like evening/night, but not so dark I couldn't stamp this fun dancing couple, so I gave the page a little wash of waterdown down black paint, kind of the way night is slides in at this time of year. Then I added the hand doodled, painted and cut out flowers, as well as the 2 party girls. I put a pink background around the girls ( I glued them on some pink paper first and then cut around them) so they would pop off the page a bit more than they did otherwise. I also added some silver Stickles dots, but they don't sparkle too much in this photo.
I bet they are off to a birthday party, like I had this weekend for my husband and daughter who both celebrates birthdays this week. 
So for T this week, let me offer you a piece of birthday cake.
You'll have to wait until they blow out the candles first. (smile)
I can offer you either milk or water to drink as you can see them behind the cake. They are my T day drinks for this week.
I did a bit  of baking this weekend to make their cake. Those of you who have read my blog regulary for while know I love to bake, so this is a homemade treat. 
My daughter's favorite dessert is key lime pie so I made a key lime curd for the cake. 
And my engineering husband just likes plain straight vanilla cake, so that is the base of the cake. I finished it off with a bit of real whipped cream.
Which, sadly for our waistlines but happy for our taste buds, we managed to gobble down over a couple of evenings. Smile. (I will say it is not a huge cake, but big enough).
Stop by Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to see what the T Gang has been up to. Or better yet, join the T party. 
I had a long day yesterday and it's off to work again, so I am keeping this week's post on the short side. I will probably not get by most people's entries until tonight, so don't think I am ignoring you. I just wanted to get this post up before I headed out.
Hope you're having a fabulous day.
And as always, thanks so much for visiting.




21 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Nice art journaling, Erika. But whoa, that cake! Happy Birthday to your peeps! xoxo

Words and Pictures said...

What a wonderful party page - so full of energy and fun. And I love how you combined the favourite flavours of your daughter and husband to create the joint birthday cake... nicely done, and I bet it was delicious!
Alison x

Valerie-Jael said...

The pictures of that gorgeous cake has made me wish for a slice or two right now! Love the journal page, too. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Your page would make a great advertisement for a Roaring Twenties party. The key lime cake looks delicious. And whipped cream is one of the good fats so don't worry. πŸ˜‰ Happy T Day!

Meggymay said...

The cake you baked looked delicious and flavoured to suit your daughter as well as your husband. I imagine you all enjoyed this delicious cake when you cut into it.
Happy T day wishes Erika.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous page! I love the design and I would love to party with you πŸ˜‰. Wishing a Happy Birthday to your daughter and hubby! The birthday cake and key lime pie looks so delicious, you are a fabulous baker πŸ˜€. Happy T Day wishes and enjoy your weekend of celebrations! Hugs, Jo x

Barbara said...

A happy page, so nostalgic! Happy off to work day!

Divers and Sundry said...

Happy Family Birthday Week! What a wonderful way to celebrate. The cake looks sooo good! Happy T Tuesday :)

Iris Flavia said...

Happy dancing, such a fun work! Wish I could dance...
Great cake! A happy T-Day, dear friend :-)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Happy birthday to your daughter and happy birthday to your husband who celebrated a birthday on the 28th just like Bleubeard. So glad to read that.

I like your adorable journal page. Those girls do look like they belong to the flapper era, don't they? It's great fun to see this and a wonderful way to finish the month honoring Eileen's theme at Art Journal Journey,

WOW on that cake. It is amazing. You sure know how to spoil the two people in your lives. It's not just beautiful, I bet it tastes good, too. And who would EVER want that hydrogenated imitation whipped cream when the REAL thing is so much better for you!

Thanks for sharing your journal page, your cake, and your milk with us for T this Tuesday, dear friend.

Jeanie said...

I can't think of anything more yummy than a vanilla cake with key lime curd on the top. That would TOTALLY be the best! Happy birthday to your tribe!

Kate Yetter said...

I love your journal page. The dancing couple stamp in the background is so fun!
Your cake looks delicious especially that lemon curd with the whipping cream. YUM!
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, I love key lime pie, too...so tart and refreshing - just think about the healthy side and forget the other calories, lol.
I love to bake, too but it's not much fun for one...it was good to bake with my grandaughter, though, until I introduced her to rainbow cakes and now she wants to make one every time she comes...lots of washing up and cleaning after the lengthy prep but so satisfying!
Great page...a very 50s page - reminds me of a dress my Mum had when I was young - one of her older ones I never saw her wear...lots of underskirts. Great background.
Cath x

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Thank you sharing yet another lovely page for my Dreams challenge at AJJ Erika. I imagine the young girls are dreaming of meeting someone special at the dance.

I don't know where you find the time, since you're still working. You're simply awesome. And you find time to bake beautiful cakes. Yup, definitely awesome.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous page - love those gals heading off to their party! How lovely for hubby and daughter's birthdays to be close! Your key lime pie looks so delicious! Happy T Day! Chrisx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I love your vintage art piece. And the cake looks delicious. I'm sure they appreciated you making it for their birthdays. Happy T-Day!

kathyinozarks said...

Your cake looks and sounds awesome-I love home baked as well. I have been gone most of the day today-so catching up-Happy T wishes hugs Kathy

Caty said...

Happy Birtday to your daughter and your husband !! This is a so so great cake Erika !! I ´m sure it may be de-li-cious !! Happy belated T-day !
I looove your Art page, it´s just Amazing, love the colours, the flowers are fabulous with lovely colours, wonderful!
I wish you a very nice day, and send big hugsss
Caty

craftytrog said...

The baking looks delicious, and I love your fabulous page Erika!
Alison xx

Lisca said...

Well, a belated happy birthday to your hubby and daughter. The cake look lovely. Key lime is not a flavor I know, but I have heard of these cakes and read about them. It certainly looks like something I'd like to try.
Your journal page looks great. I have (stored away somewhere) an lp (vinyl) by Fats Waller called Ain't Misbehavin'. It's feel good music. Really stomping. It make me smile whatever my mood.
Happy belated T-Day,
Lisca

Sharon Madson said...

Your page is delightful. I can hear singing of "ain't Misbehavin'".
Your cake looks delicious. I would probably eat too much. It is good you didn't have to bake one for each. Sorry to be late. Have a great week-end!