Saturday, October 26, 2019

It's That Time

Hi everyone. It is the weekend, and I must admit I am glad this work week is over. It was spirit week with dress up days at school, and although it is fun, it was also a little bit crazy. 
And since Halloween is less than a week away, I have some art to share before the day comes and goes. Today's page is a little bit of paper layering and some stamping, as well as few stickers. I first painted the background and then added the papers. Then I stamped the ghosts and the witch scene. I also added some details to that image Finally the clock and the phrase stickers finished off the page.
And there's still a few die hard flowers in bloom in my garden. We have yet to have a hard frost. which I am waiting for so I can trim back my rose bushes.
But until then, I might as well enjoy the blooms!


 And my chrysanthemums are still going strong too.


 And look what creepy thing I discovered on my hydrangea flowers. It is almost Halloween.
(I actually didn't even see him until I loaded my photos onto the computer.
Happy start to your weekend!


11 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

First, I hope you took a few photos and documented this previous week. It is one you need to look back on after you retire. The last time you need to send recommendation letters, etc.

Second, that latest spread is incredible. I love the various images you chose to share and they have that spooky element, too. I absolutely adore this entry.

Finally, your roses are STILL drop dead gorgeous. I adore these photos of your garden. You either have a super green thumb OR you have been blessed with great weather. Hope your weekend is as beautiful as your roses, dear friend.

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun page. Your flowers are still so pretty. That white rose is gorgeous. I can do without the spider said Little Miss Muffet. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Neet said...

I couldn't bear to trim those roses whilst they have such beautiful blooms on them. Magnificent show! Nice to see some colour still in your garden.
Loving your page, especially the witch scene at the bottom, that is great and works so well against that paper. Equally love your ghosts and the cobweb paper - everything marries so well.
Hugs, Neet x

Divers and Sundry said...

He looks like a Harvestman to me, what we called a granddaddy longlegs. I haven't seen one in years! We still have some honeysuckle blooms, but most of the flowers I had have given up in the face of this 2-day soaker we're having. Yours still look so pretty :)

Barbara said...

First thing I notice about your art page is the wonderful sense of composition. Flowers are still pretty although they look a little tired.

sirkkis said...

I love your beautiful page. Composition is interesting and stabile.
Unfortunately I couldn't read the smal texts.
Have a great, inspiring week ahead ๐Ÿงก

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful journal page, love the colours. Glad you have weekend after your stressful week. The garden is looking fantastic. Hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Your page is beautiful-I love Elizabeth's suggestion to save things from your last year before retirement-a journal book perhaps
and wow you still have beautiful roses-that's so awesome. Loved seeing the spider too-hugs Kathy

froebelsternchen said...

I love the page and I L♥O♥V♥E the photos!

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page! I love how you collages the pieces together and the roses in your garden are gorgeous too ๐Ÿ˜€. The creepy thing in your hydrangea made me shiver - yuk ...lol ๐Ÿ˜‰. Wishing you a wonderful new week! Hugs, Jo x

Jeanie said...

Isn't it fun to load your photos and find a surprise? I love that to the max. Loads of loveliness here, not the least of which is your beautiful art!