Saturday, October 19, 2019

The Leaves Are Falling

Hi everyone.  Happy weekend. I am looking forward to a "quiet" weekend; last week was busy and next weekend looks to be busy so it is nice to know I have a little me time in between all of these events.
So today I have another page from my autumn board book for you. On the left is a board book page, which is inked to start with.  Then I added some corrugated tape, a "fake" fall leaf (it is a silk leaf), a frame with a piece of napkin and a found relative photo in it, a crow die cut, and also some inked paper flowers. I needed to ink the flowers to make then a fall color rather than being spring pink.
And on the right I have a page from an old book, and  decorated that with a Victorian woman image as well as a stamp.
I am linking up to Moo Mania and their latest challenge which is die cut or punched pieces.
And after a lot of wind (some of it very strong)  and some rain this past week, the leaves started to fall.
Here's my latest foliage photos from around my yard. I snapped these last evening after work.





The screen porch will get closed up this weekend. One of the saddest days of the year for me (smile), but the temperatures have dropped off and the days are a bit chilly now. It is (unfortunately) time. Too chilly to lounge on my hammock out there at least. Time to pick up all the lawn chairs and the garden decorations, and if the wind dies down, maybe even time to take out a rake.
Wishing you a fantastic weekend.

16 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful journal pages, love how you used the various die-cuts and bits and bobs to make such a pretty spread. Your trees are looking much like ours, I had fun this morning watching 2 dogs chasing the falling leaves they were having such fun! Sad to close up the porch, but next spring will come! Have a restful weekend, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Your fall pages are wonderful. I like the woman with the red berries. A hint of things to come. You look like you still have lots of leaves on your trees even though there is a lot on the ground. We'll have to close up the sun room, too. A sad day of the year, indeed. 😿

Rosie said...

This is a gorgeous post

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Divers and Sundry said...

I know you'll miss your screened porch. You have such a lovely view from there. I think you have the best spot on the planet for a fire pit :)

kathyinozarks said...

Hi, Beautiful pages, I loved seeing your fall photos-we are just now starting to see some color-Happy Saturday and weekend hugs Kathy

R's Rue said...

Love.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your latest spreads in your board book scream autumn. I simply adore the pages. I've never heard of corrugated tape before. I bet that is smart to have. I have to remove one of the layers if I want to use corrugated paper.

You have a fabulous yard. I wish our city allowed fire pits, but they were outlawed several years ago. I know it's sad to have to move your down time inside, but with winter approaching, it's best to do it now, rather than when the snow is swirling in the screened in porch.

I absolutely LOVE the photos of the grass and different colored leaves. Mine are either green or dead. You are SO lucky to live in a place where leaves turn gorgeous colors in autumn.

Mrs.B said...

Two lovely pages Erika, so many gorgeous additions to the first. Lovely photos of the falling leaves but the Autumn tidying jobs are not so good. Have a good Sunday.
Avril xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful artwork and lovely Fall photos. A lot of leaves came down from that storm.

froebelsternchen said...

OMG - ist that beautiful?! I am thrilled about this romantic page and the amazing impressions of your wonderful place!!!
A big thank you for joining in at Moo Mania & More dear Erika! We appreciate this so much!
Big hugs, Susi
♥♥♥

Meggymay said...

Fabulous pages and they have a beautiful vintage style look, you added lovely extras to them.
I am loving seeing your autumn photos as well.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

Beautiful collage art pages Erika! xx

Words and Pictures said...

That's a completely charming page spread - love the vintage book page, with the added little girl admiring the berries (I never realised I was so fond of berries!), and the lacy frame is a lovely touch. What an amazing garden you have and looking out into the woods too - I'm a little envious!
Alison x

Jeanie said...

I hope your weekend was quiet and lovely. I understand the closing of the porch. Perhaps if we get a day of Indian Summer you can take a chair out there and a good book for a bit!

Neet said...

Love your autumnal photographs - may favourite season for the wonderful colours it produces.
Your autumn book is a joy to behold. I love the left hand page with the lace frame and the found photo - is that a relative of yours? The bird in the bottom corner nestling on the silk leaf just adds the right touch. I do like the right hand page with the red berries and the young girl who fits in perfectly.
Hugs, Neet xx

Lowcarb team member said...

I did enjoy your photographs, we have lots of falling leaves too …
Yes, a little sad to close up the porch, but I'm sure Spring will be here before we know it !

All the best Jan