Sunday, October 13, 2019

So Far This Weekend

Hi everyone.  I want to start off this post with a journal page for latest Art Journal Journey challenge by Eileen:  Dreams. 

I used a little bit of a lot of things to make this page, including a stencil, paint, scraps of paper, some ribbon bits, some die cut bits, an old ticket, a couple of stamps and a TH found relative.

The foliage has really started to change around here . I think we might be at peak or close to the peak of color. Here's some photos from my morning walk today.







 This photo (below) may not be focused but I like how it shows motion. My daughter is home for the weekend  and walked with me this morning.
 I've shown you this before, but this is my dream house. I love this old farm on the rolling land. It also looks like it has some great outbuildings, one which would probably make a great studio.

I think I need to make this the topic of Eileen's Dream challenge at AJJ. I don't think this place will ever be in my budget.
And the swamp maples at the farm pond and in the beaver pond have already shed their leaves.




And there's a bit of color left in my garden.



Hope everyone is having a great weekend.  Yesterday was a busy day but today I managed to watch a seasons worth of episodes of Mad Men with my daughter. I did force myself outside for a bit to work in the garden since it was a nice day, but then there seemed to be so many mosquitoes. We've had some local mosquitoes found with EEE (Eastern Equine Encephalitis), so after a short time I came in and went back to Mad Men.  What we need is a hard frost and then a nice weekend day so I can get out and finish all my garden clean up. There's a lot to do since the garden has been pretty much ignore since school started.
Oh well, what gets done gets done.
I have one more day off with this long weekend. The daughter has lunch and shopping planned for us.
Enjoy the start of the new week.

13 comments:

craftytrog said...

Wonderful art, I love the colours Erika!
Beautiful Autumnal photos too.
Alison xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...


WOW, you have a TON of roses left, dear Erika. Yours look so much better than my puny one. You are definitely showing signs of autumn at your place or rather in your neck of the woods. It's all so beautiful there. Our leaves haven't turned, yet we've had two hard freezes. One nice thing is, all the plants I want to save are now inside.

That house is not my style, but I could gladly take all the acreage and the outbuildings. It would be thrilling to live in an area where there were all those incredible trees and no neighbors for miles and miles.

I absolutely adore the wonderful journal page you created for Eileen's theme. I adore the little girl and her collie. She is perfect and one I've not seen. Is this a new set?

I really love the monochromatic color you chose. I can tell you have autumn on your mind. This was both fun and adorable. Thanks for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey.

sirkkis said...

A cute, colorful page.
Thanks for sharing your stunning autumn photos. They are full of great details.
Have a wonderful week ahead xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous and colourful journal page, and lovely photos from your walk and garden. The old house you like is really lovely, wouldn't mind living there, either! This is such a beautiful time of year, glad you had your daughter's company over the weekend. Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Like the wonderful autumn impressions the page is a dream!!! Awesome!!! Such a fantastic entry for the AJJ topic Erika!

Happy new week my friend!!!
Big hugs, Susi

Jeanie said...

It must take you ages to make that gorgeous page.I love the colors, the image, the textures, everything about it. Perfection for fall.

And your walk is great, You are further ahead than we are here, although with the chill and damp we are seeing things change and some leaves begin to fall. I love those leaf close-ups and your dream house is really fabulous. Oh, we all need to dream -- and that's a good one.

CJ Kennedy said...

Your tag fits in with the orange colors that are popping now as the red swamp maples have lost their leaves. Your colors are gorgeous. And I like the idea of a studio outbuilding at your dream house. Make sure it has electricity, indoor plumbing, and heat! I wasn't surprised by the Fall colors, but totaly blown away by the flowers still in your garden, especially that purple beauty
😮 I want to get out to do some clean up but have decided to wait until after a hard frost. That should be in a week or two. Enjoy your lunch and shopping with your girlie.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Thank you for sharing your pretty page and farmhouse dreams with us at AJJ, Erika. It's a lovely property. Practical me thought, I wouldn't want to manage the upkeep and cleaning 😉 What a pretty area you live in. I don't miss the cold and snow of NJ, but I do miss the turning of the leaves. So pretty. Eileen xx

Mrs.B said...

A lovely journal page Erika, it's a fabulous background with the Autumn colours, and the photos you shared from your walks show some glorious colours.
I think your dream house looks like a perfect place to live, lots of space too.
Have a great week and enjoy shopping with your daughter.
Avril xx

Pink Rose said...

Hi Erika well done on your beautiful work and I love your photos of the colourful trees hope your day is a good one my friend xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm enjoying our cooling temps as the season changes and patiently waiting for fall color. It's a refreshing time of the year, I think :)

Lowcarb team member said...

There is still some very nice colour in your garden … great pictures.

All the best Jan

Neet said...

Nice to see the colour still in your garden Erika but I do like the autumnal colours of those trees with the golden and russet leaves. I think autumn is my favourite season and it is all to do with the colours. Which brings me to your journal page.
You have certainly captured the look of autumn here and I love all the different things you have used to build up this page. Gorgeous feather stamp! It really gives a dreamy look to the whole page. Saying that I lie your dream house - if only ....
Hugs, Neet xx