Thursday, October 24, 2019

More Fun Halloween

 Hi everyone.
Time for a little more Halloween fun today. Here's another spread from my Halloween board book with a tag in the middle of the spread.
My book has a witch theme, and today my witch is certainly a  lady of the night.
The owl is actually on the paper I used on 3/4 of the spread. (The paper from Martha Stewart and I bet I've had it for 10 years.) I just added her  hat.  And I colored her in also. I drew and colored the moon, and then added the moth sticker. The top of the page is decorated with some paper doilies cut in half, and the bottom of the page has some fabric leaf trim across it.
The right side of the spread is a bit of scrap paper and some of a striped napkin. I also a few other paper bits and a stamped quote.
And I added a few buttons to give the page a little bit of finish.
And don't forget the latest challenge at Try It On Tuesday is Witches, Wizards and Halloween fun.
Hope you enjoyed the art today.
Thanks for visiting my blog too.

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page, love the idea of the 'reversible' tag in the middle. And it would be great if you would link that tag to Tag Tuesday! Have a fun day, hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, I am loving your Halloween pages Happy Thursday

Jeanie said...

Your Halloween book is darling. I especially love the girl with the cat (but then I would!). What fun you must have making this!

Divers and Sundry said...

Halloween with witches! This is my kinda seasonal celebration :)

R's Rue said...

Cute.

Barbara said...

Love the idea of a board book. Not sure I know what that is exactly except hard cover and pages?
Looking very spooky!

Neet said...

That owl is just perfect - what a great expression on its face. Love how you added a hat to it.
A great spread in your board book for Halloween - love the orange and black together - the addition of the buttons across the top really make the lace pop. I take it the tag swivels - ingenious! And such a lovely tag - both sides.
Hugs, Neet xx

Meggymay said...

I love your Halloween pages, it will be a fantastic Halloween book.
Yvonne xx

Lowcarb team member said...

Love your Halloween fun :)

All the best Jan

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This looks fantastic. I love seeing your Halloween artwork.

I'm sorry to hear your Herons are gone already. I've seen Great Blue Herons here even in Winter. I read that as long as they still have running water to fish in, they'll stay. If it ices over, they'll head farther south for the Winter. But I don't think that's true for all of the Heron and Egret types we have here in CT. I find it hard to spot any/many during the Winter, so I think most of them head south.

CJ Kennedy said...

Sweet. Love the black cat

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How clever that you incorporated the owl paper and spread it across both sides. I love how you dressed the paper up with embellishments, buttons and doilies. Both cute and clever, dear.

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful Halloween pages! It's a fabulous design with the tag and I love the addition of the black doilies and buttons too 😀. We've been out and about most of this week as we have had sunshine and I've been feeling better after having a cold for a couple of weeks. It's now raining which is forecast for the weekend so that means crafting time - yay! Happy wishes and hugs! Jo x