Sunday, October 27, 2019

A Little More Spooky

Hi everyone.
It's a rainy Sunday morning, and we are being lazy, watching Solo (The Star Wars Hans Solo film) on Netflix.  My daughter is home this weekend, and we are celebrating both her and my husband's birthdays. I need to go bake the hubby and daughter's birthday cake, but before I do, I thought I would share another Halloween view. It is hard to believe that at the end of this week it will be November. At least it is hard for me to believe that it is almost November.
This is a spread in my Halloween board book. The page on the right (with that awesome paper I found, I have to learn how to do that) is an insert between the boards. I used some metallic tape to put it in.
 The lighting in this view below, which should let you see things better, makes it look like there is a ghostly presence hovering over the image.
I rubbed a bit of white ink over the page edges to make it look a bit spider webby. Not sure that worked but there's no getting rid of it once it is there.
When I use  these old photos I always wonder if that person was alive, what would they think finding themselves in someone else's art spread? Especially being called spooky when perhaps they were nothing like that at all.  (But it is fun to use these vintage people in art, isn't it?)
I hope you can get the gist of my spread from these photos.
And I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Thanks for visiting.


13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely spooky page, so many spiders, eeeeeek! One tried to walk into my kitchen today, but thankfully I caught it first! Have fun baking, your cakes always look delicious. I often use old family photos in my pages, and often wonder what they would say....Hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

The spider web background looks like a delicate lace tablecloth. I was in an antique shop a few years back and there was a box of old portrait photos. The sign in front said Instant Relatives which I found amusing. Happy Birthday to your daughter and hubby. Hope we get to see the delicious cake on Tuesday! Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Dortesjs said...

waue great technic love it

froebelsternchen said...

Wonderful spooky pages Erika! I think we make those persons alive when we use them in art!
Hope you had a fabulous birthday celebration!

Big hugs,
Susi

Pink Rose said...

Hi Erika happy birthday to your daughter and SIL.
I love your spooky page,i love how you have done your image,well done on your beautiful work my friend xx

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

These images really got me in the mood for Halloween, Erica, and I’m sure some folks wouldn’t mind having their old photos used for your art. Belated family birthday wishes and yes it really was a good Sunday to be indoors watching a movie and baking.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Divers and Sundry said...

spiders and bats! I like it as a spooky combo. I love this season! :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is so unusual and clever. I really like that you are working in this board book and wonder if you will finish it this year. There's always next year if you don't. I really like how you pulled all these pieces together. Such fun, too.

I am late wishing your daughter and husband a very happy birthday. I hope we see your cake at T this week.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such amazing spooky pages! I love the papers that you used - perfect 😁. I hope you had a lovely weekend and wishing you a happy new week! Hugs, Jo x

Words and Pictures said...

What a fabulously spooky page - such great cobwebby effects and mysterious mists. I'm in denial about November being around the corner!
Alison x

Jeanie said...

If I ever open an ebay shop I will be selling photos of my dead relatives because I have no idea what else to do with them! Love this spooky page!

Mrs.B said...

Great pages Erika, they've definitely got that spooky feel to them.
Hope you had a great weekend celebrating birthdays.
Avril xx