Sunday, November 7, 2021

Another Owl Book Page

 Hi everyone.

Yes,  you read the title correctly. I still have some pages from my owl book that I finished early last month that have yet to make it onto my blog. Not sure they will all make it into a post, but today I want to share another with you.


It is November, and night's darkness is starting to fade. Leaves are falling in a light breeze, but there are still some stars in the sky, so it must be a clear but crisp morning.

This artsy owl die cut makes his last call for the night. I don't know if there is a real species that calls "Whoooo's There", but for this artsy owl, that is his call. He sits on a branch, waiting for the first actual rays of sunlight to meet him.

I left the owl very plain decorating wise so the changing sky could be more outstanding than him. He looks like he is floating because with only a hint of light it is hard to see all the details in his surroundings. Maybe you can only hear his call and not even see him, but with his call, you know he is there.

I am linking my page to Chris' All Kinds of Weather Challenge at Art Journal Journey and I am also linking up to Leah's Art Every Day Month challenge.

We changed out clocks last night. Its  nice to get the extra hour of sleep (even thought the earlier sunrise will probably wake me up earlier), but probably only the owls will be excited about it getting dark by 5 PM.  Smile.

The other day I shared photos of my purple leafed hydrangeas. Within the last few days we've had hard frosts, and now that pretty purple is gone.





Thanks for visiting.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend.


16 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Love your page.
I thought we have an owl nearby. It was a pigeon, duuuu.
Oh, brrrr, cold!

WendyK said...

Lovely page and photos of the frosty leaves. I love owls.
Hugs Wendy

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, such an amazing page and photos! Loving your owl page and your frosty photos are stunning 😀. I hope you're having a lovely weekend! Hugs Jo x

CJ Kennedy said...

I like that owl die cut. Yeah, not happy about it getting dark at 5 pm. Anxiously waiting for the Winter solstice in December when the days get longer. Really beautiful frost photos you captured. Stay warm!

DVArtist said...

I love your owl page. Wonderful photos of the frosty leaves too. I so dislike changing the clocks.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This latest owl page is fun, Erika. Rather minimalist for you (grin), but cute. I like how you portrayed the darkness, which is quite appropriate for this day. It's a fabulous owl page and great for Chris's theme at Art Journal Journey (and AEDM, too).

craftytrog said...

Beautiful frosty photos, and a wonderful owl page Erika! Here it has warmed up a few degrees, but there is a chilly breeze.

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the Autumn owl :)

We haven't had frost yet. Your close-up photos are stunning!

NatureFootstep said...

I like your Owl.
Your frosty leafs are beautiful. So far I have not seen any frostbite. It has been raining so no frost. Just wet, rubberboats when out walking. :)

kathyinozarks said...

Your page is beautiful-I love it.
and looks like you had a frost-great phots. how are the bees doing?
we had a beautiful weekend up to 70 degrees today and tomorrow-no frost or freeze as of yet-unusual

Jyoti said...

Owl is so pretty! Wonderful Post! Have a great day!
Rampdiary | Fineartandyou | Beautyandfashionfreaks 

Empire of the Cat said...

I love your owl page Erika, he does look like he is floating there. The hydrangea photos are gorgeous too with the frost on them. Mine hardly had any flowers this year, don't know why. Our clocks changed last week and I am still adjusting lol Cats have not adjusted and still look for their dinner at the same time which is now an hour earlier lol. Happy AEDM Elle/EOTC xx

Jeanie said...

Love your frosty photos! Gorgeous.

I never get "an extra hour" with DST switch -- I always wake up too early and poop out too early, too!

pearshapedcrafting said...

It's a fabulous page Erika. I love how the photo colours are a reflection of the page. I wish we had owls around here. Thanks so much for linking to my theme at AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

froebelsternchen said...

Hi Erika!
I just want to say hello and tell you how beautiful your art and photography always is!
Have a great autumn!

nwilliams6 said...

Great page- fun and perfect for the challenge, Erika.

I think aged leaves and flowers can be truly beautiful too. Sometimes more beautiful then when they were fresh. People too.

Great post, my friend. Hugz