Friday, November 5, 2021

Friday Post

 Hi everyone. Happy Friday.  I thought I was going to get a lot accomplished this week, and yet I didn't get as much crossed off my list as I'd hoped. I'm going to use the excuse that I added too many things to my week's to do list-big smile.

Today I have a few random things to share with you.

Let me start with this tag for Wendy's Windows, Doors and Arches challenge over at Tag Tuesday


I covered a piece of cardboard with some wallpaper-ish looking paper.  Then I added this black and white TH Victorian lady. I used a window frame around her, and I added some clear glue that then dried like the glass.  I finally added this large TH flower piece. It was white originally, so I colored in with some pink marker and added some black paint over what was colored in black. 

The quote sticker is from an Art by Marlene sticker book. I wonder what she actually did. She does look slightly worried, but only slightly. A couple of glue bubbles formed perfectly under her eye, which might be a few tears perhaps? But I can't think she is too regretful of what she did.

Let me also share some beautiful autumn color with you. 


These first 2 are off the side of my house.


And here's a view from my walk down my road.


Last weekend there was a lot of progress on the deck, even if it was only one day of work because it poured heavy rain the other day. Hopefully this weekend, since they aren't predicting rain, a lot more will get done. Stairs and railing are what's left.

Even on the rainy day, the hubby started closing up the screen porch for the winter too, because he could do that under cover. It is always sad when that happens. If you look closely you can see the plastic on the inner wall, and the hubby in there also. He's taken over the screen porch with his deck working tools, which is why he was in there when  I snapped this photo.


I also linking my tag and foliage scenes over at AEDM, day 5.

I hope you have something good on your agenda this weekend. I hope to have some art and reading time, and maybe, if its not windy, I even will get rid of round 1 of leaves in the gardens. I never get rid of all the leaves, but if I leave them all on the ground, I would have about a meter or 3-ish feet of them once the oaks drop their leaves in the next few weeks. It makes spring a disaster as they are always wet and frozen at the bottom. I could have raked yesterday, but I also needed to finish my clothing change over before my daughter decided to come home and find her bed not a bed but a mountain of clothes. Smile.

 Have a great start to your weekend.







17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous post, Erika. Love the tag for Wendy's challenge, thanks so much for joining us. Beautiful photos, too. Short comment today, I've got visitors coming. Hugs, Valerie

NatureFootstep said...

I like the Window tag and the words that comes with it :)
Your nature shots are beautiful in fall colors. :)

ashok said...

Wonderful post...happy Friday Erika

Angie's Recipes said...

I wonder what she the lady did...
Gorgeous view around your house, Erika.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I need to get out this weekend and bring in the lawn furniture etc and it looks like the weather may even cooperate. I will clear the leaves from the patio, but other than that, we leave them on the ground over winter and only remove them in early spring. On a mild day in winter it is great fun to watch the juncos and other birds kicking up the litter in search of choice morsels hidden in the leaves. We have had our first frosts already and even a slight dusting of snow. Winter is on its way!

CJ Kennedy said...

I don't think the woman looks worried at all. Rather proud. Reminds me of the when McConnell tried to silence Senator Elizabeth Warren and then whined Nevertheless, she persisted. The yellow trees always give off a really golden light. The deck looks really nice. Awesome to have a hubby who is handy and can do the work properly. Sad to see the porch being closed up. I'll be doing that with the sun room this weekend. I think sitting out there at lunch is done and no way to be able to be comfortable at night now. Is it July, yet? Stay warm!

DVArtist said...

Lovely art and wonderful photos. Have a great Friday.

WendyK said...

Gorgeous tag, thank you for joining us on Tag Tuesday. Great photos.
Hugs Wendy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your tag is inspiring, Erika. I adore the way you placed your lady in front of the window. I didn't notice the tears until you mentioned them. This is a great tag, and I need to make one, too.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the golden leaves and trees from your walk. They are absolutely stunning, dear. What a glorious place to live and walk.

Your deck is starting to look great, too. It's definitely coming together. Sad to close up the porch, but at least you have someone who is willing to do it for you. Great photos today, dear.

Shari Burke said...

Your photos of the autumn leaves remind me so much of late August/early September when we lived in Fairbanks, Alaska. So beautiful!

she did it anyway--good for her! :-)

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

craftytrog said...

Great post Erika! Your tag is beautiful, and I love your autumn photos! The decking is looking good too!
Have a lovely weekend,
Alison

Iris Flavia said...

Yupp!
Great fist one - we have our own heads and minds.

I asked my Bro for advise and did what I thought was right "anyway" - he was not pleased.

Great Autumn pics and your deck looks great, too. Fun chair there. And the BBQ!
Ingo plans to cook roulades, hmmmm. Maybe I iron (uhhhh exciting, but I have to) or draw or read a certain book :-)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Great view from your area, Erika, I especially liked the walk from your home as it was beautiful autumn colors.

Jeanie said...

Closing up the porch is always sad. And your color is anything but -- so beautiful with those golds on that road.

It is supposed to be 60 and sunny so I will be doing my outside thing today as soon as I get my act together with my art sale packing. Yesterday was both fun (IKEA and Trader Joe's) and work time. Got to grab these days while we can.

Divers and Sundry said...

I love "She did it anyway."

Those wooded Autumn views are gorgeous! Lovely color.

Sandra Wright. said...

What a wonderful Tag, I love it, the sentiment and image and a great colour choice too.
Thank you so much for joining as at Tag Tuesday x