Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Make It Magic

Hi everyone.

Two weeks have  flown by and our It's About Time challenge at Try It On Tuesday has ended. Thanks to all of you who joined us. And thanks to Elizabeth for being our guest designer this past "time" around also.

For the next 2 weeks, our challenge at Try It on Tuesday is Make It Magic. Think magical folk like fairies, magicians, even wonderful moments in life like how falling in love can be magic.

Here's my page. 


I found this lady in a fashion magazine, and I knew she was what I wanted to make my page around.  Unfortunately this magazine didn't have super thick paper and my picture wrinkled a bit when I put it down.  I hope you can overlook that.


I made my page by first making these stripes on some watercolor paper. I used a stencil to do that. I painted them red and then I stamped the little circles in between the red stripes.

After I glued down the lady, I outlined her dark clothes in white and her light clothes in black. The white polka dots are made with paint dots, and I also used paint to five her gloves some pompoms. I painted the flower in her magician's cap.  I also used a wand sticker that I then painted red and placed that in her hand.

I stamped the hocus pocus phrase in black and then painted it in with some silver paint. And finally I finished off my page using the quote which was from a fairy stamp set that I had pulled out when trying to decide how to go with this challenge.

At Try It On Tuesday we accept all kinds of art, and you have 2 weeks to join this fun challenge.

Don't forget to look at the designer teams art too, because there are lots of ways you can go with this challenge.

I am also linking this page up to Day 9 at Leah's Art Every Day Month challenge with this link. 

Thanks for visiting my blog, and I look forward to seeing to see your take on magic.



19 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page, you used a wonderful image! And wrinkles? Who cares, I have lots, too! Hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

What a gorgeous page full of magical hocus pocus! I love how you added the magazine image and the outlining and background really makes it pop - perfect 😀. Have a wonderful week and sending you happy wishes! Hugs Jo x

Helen said...

I absolutely LOVE what you did for this challenge Erika! That image is perfect and those background stripes and circles add to the magic of your spread! LOVE it! Have a magical week! ((HUGS)) Helen

craftytrog said...

I love your lady Magician Erika! She's fabulous!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Anyone who has ever used one of those inexpensive magazine images has had wrinkles. They are notorious for wrinkling, so you have nothing to worry about. What got me was the background. You put as much in it, as you did the focal image. It is stunning.

Empire of the Cat said...

She's great Erika! She looks like she is very mischievous and about to pull a rabbit out of a hat! Happy AEDM! Elle/EOTC xx

NatureFootstep said...

she will be good at making magic :)

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous page Erika! I love that image and all of the extra details you added to her, awesome striped/circle background too!
Take care and enjoy the rest of your week.
Hugs, Tammy

Joan said...

Love your page, wrinkles and all! Very magical


Joan x

Lowcarb team member said...

Make it magic ...
Yes definitely :)

All the best Jan

kathyinozarks said...

Great page Erika. and a fun theme for the challenges
Hugs Kathy

Iris Flavia said...

I think the wrinkling just adds to the magic! Love this.

Mrs.B said...

What a fabulous image, she looks as if her magic will be fun! Love the background, it really makes the image pop, especially the way you outlined her clothing. A lovely page Erika.
Avril xx

Meggymay said...

It may have wrinkles, but its a fabulous page for our new TioT's theme Erika. So much added to the page to see as well, as always I am drawn to the quotes and the one you used it super for the page.
I have been catching up as always and what lovely news you shared in your last post, congratulations to the happy couple, I think mom and dad are going to have some exciting organising to do in the coming months.
Yvonne xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fun theme and I like your magic lady.

We had our first frost / freeze here a few days ago, but some trees still have their leaves on them. Most have dropped already. I'm enjoying this nice spell of "warm" weather, although the colder air will be back in a few days.

DVArtist said...

This is a wonderful piece. Love all the polka dots and that expression is great. Have a very nice day.

Divers and Sundry said...

I'd wear that hat :) She looks quite dashing!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Absolutely magical Erika! I love her, wrinkles and all! The background and extra doodling look great.Hugs,Chrisx

Marjut said...

Wonderful page!