Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Good Weather for Flying

 Hi everyone. It's already November 10th, and already Wednesday. Time is flying, isn't it?

Today I have a page for Chris' weather challenge at Art Journal Journey. I am also linking up to Day 10 of Art Every Day Month hosted by the talented  Leah as well as to Creative Artist Mixed media Challenge also. I've got at least 3 different types of media on my page which is the only requirement to join.


I used some various blue paints to color my background. Then I added some printed tissue paper as well as some hand drawn and fussy cut clouds. I also added 3 printed clouds that I cut out of an old sheet of scrapbooking paper.

The sun is a scrap paper circle, as are all the little dots around it. I stamped the quote and finally added the Art by Marlene punched out plane, which I colored  with some markers for contrast. The plane was originally light blue, but that made it hard to see on the page. I also added the pilot with a Sharpie. Can you see her in the cockpit?

 I finished the page with a bit of horizontal stitching. There you have it. 

My husband and I are leaving tonight and will be gone for just over a week. It's time for a little get away. We had talked about a stay home vacation but as my husband says, he'll just end up doing chores, so it isn't very relaxing for him.  Even though, I would love for the chores (like the deck) to get finished. Smile.

I'm a little nervous about flying, not the flight itself, but about being with so many people in a closed space. They say planes circulate the air every 2 minutes, and we need to wear masks, plus we're both as vaccinated as we can be,  so hopefully all will be OK. We're off to California to visit some of my husband's family friends (you might remember them from a  T day post back in August) and  some National Parks too. 

I do have several posts scheduled so I can mostly keep up with AEDM  and other challenges, and I will have my Chromebook with me, so hopefully I will be able to stop by your blog, if not regularly, at least on occasion. Please don't think I am ignoring you if I don't visit as regularly as I usually do.

Thanks for visiting.






24 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page, Eriks, love that cute plane and the clouds. Have fun on your vacation, take care! And take lots of photos, please! Hugs, Valerie

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful art piece. I love it. (And I do see the pilot.)

Have a nice trip.

Angie's Recipes said...

Beautiful work, Erika!

DVArtist said...

Very nice mix media page. I do love the quote too. Have a great day.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, I love your journal page very much lots of textures. Have a safe and fun vacation-hugs Kathy

Divers and Sundry said...

Air circulation and filtration is the most important think, or so I've heard. Have fun! I look forward to seeing photos of your trip :)

WendyK said...

Lovely page Erika, have a fabulous holiday.
Hugs Wendy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I absolutely LOVE that page you created. It is fabulous with the various prints, textures, and sewing. What a genuine gem and just right for Chris's theme at Art Journal Journey.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip and don't worry about leaving me a comment. I know you'll see the art once you get home, dear. Happy early Veterans Day, too.

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous page Erika! Reminded me of our daughter, who has just returned from a short holiday in Portugal. She was so happy to travel again, and get to the beach!
I can see your little lady pilot in her cockpit :-)
Hope you've had a good day,
Alison

craftytrog said...

I forgot to say...Hope you have a lovely trip!

NatureFootstep said...

your post made me want to go travelling again. :)

Empire of the Cat said...

Such a bright and happy page, and lots of texture, love it. Happy AEDM! Elle/EOTC xx

Leah said...

I'm loving this!!

Mia said...

I wish you a lovely trip, Erika.
I love your page. The hand drawn clouds are beautiful and the bright color of the plane makes it pop up. Kisses, my friend.

Birgit said...

That is a such a bright page and always amazed when one can sew. Don’t worry, I have a friend, he’s vaccinated and travelled twice from Vancouver to Montreal to visit family plus he was on a bus and a train and he is aok, you will be fine.

Iris Flavia said...

So fitting for today over here (11th).
"There you have it" was something Freddie Mercury once said and I do! 22nd I start my job - and, your page is perfect for that. I´ll walk but I´ll walk with my whole heart, thank you for this great page! Hugs from a freezing... well cold 1C.

Jeanie said...

Do have a terrific time, Erika! It sounds like a wonderful getaway and I think we are all itchy to get back to traveling a bit. Be safe and careful (I know you will be) and I'll look forward to hearing of your adventures!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wonderful Erika! I hope the journey wasn't too bad. I think any kind of public transport at the moment is reason to be a little apprehensive. This really is a super page for my theme at AJJ, Thank you, Chrisxx

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely page.
Enjoy your trip, safe travels.

All the best Jan

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Have a great vacation. Enjoy it to the fullest. You will come back feeling refreshed and glad that you took the plunge. We are still basking in the glow of our recent visit to Maritime Canada.

Neet said...

Enjoy California - at least it will be nice and warm and lovely to catch up with people. Hopefully some nice photos will come back with you for us to delight in.
Love your page and the lady pilot. Such a good idea to include those different medias in the one page.
Keep well masked and sanitise often and you should be ok.
Hugs, Neet xx

Neet said...

Enjoy California - at least it will be nice and warm and lovely to catch up with people. Hopefully some nice photos will come back with you for us to delight in.
Love your page and the lady pilot. Such a good idea to include those different medias in the one page.
Keep well masked and sanitise often and you should be ok.
Hugs, Neet xx

Lys said...

A gorgeous and dynamic page; I love the quote, have a safe trip to California. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Creative Artiste Mixed Media!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fun design! Loving all those blue skies with the clouds and plane - perfect 😀. I hope you're having happy travels, enjoy! Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Artiste, it's always a pleasure to see you there. Hugs Jo x