Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Winter Wonderland at Try It On Tuesday

 Hi everyone. 

The last 2 weeks have flown by and our Magical challenge at  Try It On Tuesday is now over.  Thanks to all of you who joined us. And also thanks to Repolainen for being our guest designer.

For the next two weeks our challenge is Winter Wonderland.


The first snow of the year is always a bit exciting, and for this girl, perhaps a big magical too.


My journal page is made using this piece of starry night paper.  The stars  look like falling snow.  I also added a very watered down light wash of white paint to the top of my page. I like how it created more of a feeling of cold and falling snow. I would say looking at my page  that this snow has been accumulating for awhile. I used some white mesh paper as a base to show that.  I also spread some silver glitter glue over the white mesh paper to create a bit of sparkle.  

This adorable little girl is a  Sizzix die.  I didn't want a lot of colors on my page so I kept her white.

The felt snowflake was something I found in the $1 bin at Target a few weeks back after I had completed the rest of my page.  There were four felt snowflakes  in the package, 2 white and 2 red. I thought the red one really popped off of the page.  Not that I have ever seen a red snowflake. Smile. I just liked the surprise of it being red and how it worked on my page. I even dressed it up a bit too.  

Finally I stamped the quote which is from old Technique Tuesday set.

Don't forget to check out the art from the other design team members also. There is a lot of wonderful inspiration that might might help you jump start a winter wonderland piece.

All kinds of art is accepted at Try It on Tuesday, and you have 2 weeks to join this challenge.

I am also linking up my art journal page to Chris' All Kinds of Weather challenge at Art Journal Journey. This winter wonderland scene also definitely works for an art journaling weather challenge.

Lastly,  I am also linking up to day 23 over at Art Every Day Month, hosted by the talented Leah. 

Thanks for visiting my blog.

18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page Erika, a beautiful winter image. Love the splashes and splatters, and the wonderful quote! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Angie's Recipes said...

I love the texture of this beautiful winter page!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Great work, Erika. It is a great coincidence that you used the word "unique" because a good friend and I, he a retired university professor, just had an energetic discussion about the word. My contention is that it means one and only, no other like it - unique in fact. He is given to saying things like "quite unique" or "very unique" and I contend there can be no such thing. You are either unique or not. I think the way you have used it in your piece implies exactly that - better to be the one and only! Have a great Tuesday! All the best. David

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love how the little girl looks like she is holding out her hand trying to capture the snowflake. I also like your dark background, which helps the little girl pop. The texture you created is great, too. That makes it perfect for Chris's theme at Art Journal Journey.

ashok said...

Love the page..good work Erika

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous wintry page Erika!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Wow! This looks such a simple page at first glance but the addition of the white paint and the mesh paper and glitter make me realise that it is anything but simple! I love it of course, and I am so pleased that you shared it also at AJJ for my theme, hugs, Chrisx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful winter wonderland! It looks so magical and elegant with the dark blue, white and red colour combination and the snowflakes and little girl are so pretty - love it 😀. Wishing you a lovely week! Hugs Jo x

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous page Erika! I love the textures and beautiful sparkle on the mesh paper, awesome quote too! Enjoy the rest of your week and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Hugs, Tammy

Unknown said...

I really like it and I hope there is something new
ហ្វានតាន Online

NatureFootstep said...

love your design. Soo beautiful.
And it gave me some ideas. :)

Meggymay said...

A beautiful snowy scene and page Erika, I love how the little girl is trying to catch snowflakes, truly magical. Have a good rest of the week.
Yvonne xx

nwilliams6 said...

Great winter scene and dies here, Erika, and the contrast is so pretty. LOVE the words - so true too! Hugz

Helen said...

LOVE that background texture! Just yummy! And your little girl does look like she is enjoying that first snowfall! Have a fabulous week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Empire of the Cat said...

Oh I love this one Erika, it is really beautiful and definitely a winder wonderland feel to it. Happy belatedAEDM for yesterday! Elle/EOTC xx

Neet said...

You certainly captured the essence of the first fall of snow and the joy of a child watching it and catching the snowflakes as they flutter down.
I love the shade of blue you used for the background and that red snowflake adds a lovely wintry contrast.
Hugs, Neet xx

Joan said...

Wonderful page , love the little girl catching snowflakes, remember doing that when I was a child😀

Joan

Mrs.B said...

I'm a bit late catching up Erika, but better late than never!
I love this page, the night sky background looks fabulous and the little girl catching snowflakes just steals the show for me. Love the quote and the pop of red of the felt snowflake.
We've just had our first snowfall, and after a frosty night it's very cold and crunchy to walk on.
Hope you're having a great weekend.
Avril xx